Business plan

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by biggi1996, Jan 8, 2018.

1. biggi1996

biggi1996 Light Load Member

Dec 10, 2014
    Did any of you O/Ops use a business plan writing service to get a loan? If so who are some good ones and the typical price range.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    No. And I would not recommend it.

Any loan officer with two weeks experience will spot the fact you didn't write it, and will have you tied in a knot trying to explain your assumptions, calculations and results.

Put it together yourself. A couple of pages, who you are, what your experience is, what you will be doing, why you will be doing it that way, and where you get your numbers. Have someone edit it for legibility and flow. But you write it, you create the numbers, and you have to UNDERSTAND the numbers.

If you can't put that together, you aren't ready to run a business.

whoopNride, d o g and ZVar Thank this.
  4. biggi1996

biggi1996 Light Load Member

Dec 10, 2014
  5. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    I was going to reply to the op ... But, this much more civil than what I was going to say.

whoopNride Thanks this.
  6. Trainwreck88

Trainwreck88 Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2018
    Best way to do go O/Op is to work company enough to save a minimum 20-25% of the total cost of the truck you intend to buy so that you have a nice cushion to fall back on, and to find a company that has a good track record of people going through lease purchase programs and owning the truck at the end of the contract. Small to mid sized companies tend to be the better choice

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.