Buying A Truck....

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by B&T Rogers, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Most guys I know will shut it down when it gets hot, not continue to drive it until it fries. Most guys I know wouldn't pay $35K for a re-built engine. Yikes... If you change hoses, be sure to change ALL hoses. Just my thoughts.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Fratsit

Fratsit Light Load Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Brookings, SD
    Hence....the resentment.

4. Pawnd

Pawnd Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Chasing wind
    Heck I only spent a little bit more on my 2004 KW I just bought:biggrin_2556:

In defense of the getting hot, If the coolant leaves fast enough you will not see the temp rise. but you will see that suddenly the coolant temp dropped to cold, means you just lost coolant. By the time the oil is hot enough to make you shut it down the engine is fried.

5. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    wow... I feel much happier with my wife suddenly.. lol

poor guy,

6. MedicineMan

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    in all fairness these motors can push the water out so fast that it's too late by the time you get warned. Most peoples BIG mistake is to run it to the next exit or something like that. WRONG THING TO DO....... if you EVER loose water you reach down and shut that key off IMMEDIATLY, unless doing so would endanger others or yourself

The Challenger Thanks this.
  7. B&T Rogers

B&T Rogers Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Kingsley, MI
    I am sitting in North Las Vegas, NV........ Think they would frown on running down the BLVD with the big truck??? LOL The view and ride out here was great. I ran 80 to 15 .... I was going to run 80 / 76 / 70 butt it seems you need chains on-board starting September 1st to run the pass on 70 so a quick detour up 52 to 25 back to 80 I went....

8. MedicineMan

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    I've done it. 1.5 times... lol

9. B&T Rogers

B&T Rogers Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Kingsley, MI
    Do they allow big trucks to cross the Hover Dam on 93? I'm enjoying this run very much..... great views and good roads so far anyway LOL

10. MedicineMan

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    not anymore. they stoped letting them through after 911

i've been across the dam too though

11. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Actually, you can drive a big truck on Las Vegas Blvd (the Strip) unless they've made a recent change. Trucks over Hoover Dam will be allowed the end of 2010 when they open the new by-pass. Google 'hoover dam construction'...... they even have a construction cam. FYI:rr:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.