Buying HH equipment......

Discussion in 'Heavy Haul Trucking Forum' started by nikmirbre, Dec 30, 2017.

1. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Any place in Houston where I can get some 50-60ft ratchet straps(with the chain on each end)??

Or any place online? USCARGOCONTROL.com has them they cheapest at roughly $70 per......

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rontonio

Rontonio Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2009
    Order them from Rachetstrapusa

You can order them in any size you want with any end you need.

I have 40 and 50 footers. Can’t imagine what you are going to need 60’s for... 14 x 2 tall plus 18 wide is only 46’

nikmirbre, sawmill and cke Thank this.
  4. ChaoSS

ChaoSS Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Some people like to have a couple straps running front to back on certain types of loads, and some trailers only have stake pockets to attach to in those locations... That's my guess anyway.

5. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    That would make quick and easy wire sliders.

6. Heavy Hammer

Heavy Hammer Road Train Member

May 1, 2013
    In purgatory
    I have two 100' long 2" straps with no hooks for exactly that. I use a ratchet on both ends, it lets you set your tension better.

not4hire, Ruthless and kylefitzy Thank this.
  7. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    How are going to reach the d rings on the trailer with 46 foot, need a few more feet, or short chains to secure it

8. Rontonio

Rontonio Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2009
    How many 14 tall 18 wide loads is he going to haul?

Plus he if he is using chain ended 4” ratchets the 50’ does not include the short end with the ratchet

He can order any size he wants - just trying to give him an idea of how long 50’ straps are

kylefitzy and cke Thank this.
  9. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    I use 50 ft straps, on a 14'6" round tank it is way more than you need BUT once you get them over the top there is plenty left so they won't slide off when you a trying to adjust them , nothing worse than having to roll them up and throw again.
    Chain ends are great for boxes so you can run from the d ring out and under the corner of the box to save the strap from wearing and trying to pad under the strap.

cke and kylefitzy Thank this.
  10. soloflyr

soloflyr Medium Load Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    16’ diameter tank, 50’ strap, about 3’ of strap left to roll up after tensioning it down.

Have hauled some crates that required 60’ straps, a pretty rare bird in my case, but I have 6 just in case, they stay at the yard until needed though.

cke and Oxbow Thank this.
  11. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Ok picked up the trailer and have all my equipment. Watched a million videos on how to drop the mechanical neck. But, mine has kind of an air assist thing where I have to release the air and pull the pin. There is a brake chamber type thing that releases the pin...... Ive been fooling with this thing for about 3 hours....... to no avail....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.