C-15 seems to have a miss and loss of power

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by rollin coal, Mar 27, 2018.

1. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    I’m late to this thread but...

Accurate Diesel Injection, Inc. in Orlando charged me $300 to clean, test and put new o-rings on my injectors a little over a year ago. (Of course I pulled them and sent them over) I highly recommend these guys.

SAR and rollin coal Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Yeah really a small fortune was spent! Another perk is that now with EOBR you just would not believe the fun you're missing. Just this past Friday night I loaded in Decatur, AL for my delivery this morning and I had the wonderful experience of not having enough hours to get back home that night after I was loaded. Which was only 70 miles away. Of course not so long ago I would have safely and to all logbook appearances "legally" (though technically illegal because of creative writing) just driven right home when they were done loading me at 20:15 but as it was I had to wait there until 02:15. Laying there eyes wide awake the whole time mad as hell. When I left I was tired but it was OK because I was in compliance with the regulations. And I might run 1,800 to 2,000 miles in a busy week. Last week I ran about 1,100. Ain't trucking grand!?

Ruthless, Big_D409, Oxbow and 4 others Thank this.
  4. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    This says it all ........

68E20801-56EA-4771-AD07-C60CE41742D6.png

Ruthless Thanks this.
  5. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Lol yep they give you the shaft with Chinese made parts they act as though are gold plated.

Ruthless Thanks this.
  6. T800H

T800H Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2010
    The Keys
    I overhauled mine almost a year a go, only bought from Cat the head, head bolts, injectors o rings, and a few miscellaneous hardware, i even kept my original pistons, my only regret was not buying the head from IPD too, would have save me a few hundred $ more and it would had been new cast not rebuilt, engine always used a gallon of oil right at oil change, now is about half that and this was my first attempt at a diesel, last time a did a rebuild I was 16 y/o, now I'm 52, I would do it again, but with everything from IPD. A friend just did his 5EK a few months back and right out of Cat the head had several valves bent and two broken, a few broken valve springs a some other stuff that I just can't remember and the warranty? o yeah he would have to tow his truck to Peterbilt or Kenworth of Ft Lauderdale about three hours away from home with perfect traffic, and they will tell Cat if it qualified for warranty, neither one of those shops did the overhaul, so there you have it.

7. T800H

T800H Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2010
    The Keys
    the only thing wrong with this picture is you paid for it with American dollars, not Chinese money.

Oxbow Thanks this.
  8. Big_D409

Big_D409 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2012
    Robertsdale, AL 36567
    RC, if you are still looking at getting the laptop with the diagnostic software, there's a guy on Facebook (Tavo) selling laptops with software for cat/cummins/detroit/etc... I priced one with all cummins software and shipping for 1800$. Haven't bought one from him yet since I just rebuilt my N14.

Injector woes just suck. I did a 6 pack, nothing wrong with my old ones, but thought it was worth swapping during rebuild. 2 D.O.A. and within 500 miles had a 3rd die on me. They were all reman, only new ones from what I gathered are aftermarket (though maybe cat still offers new).

rollin coal and Ruthless Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.