C.H. ROBINSON wants to hire more immigrants.

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by snowwy, Oct 27, 2021.

1. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    You keep giving these examples....i applaud all of them. That doesn't mean everyone can follow that same path. Each person has to blame their own trail. The World Series is going on now, and tomorrow night the Braves may very well win the title. Does that mean they worked harder than everyone else in the majors or that they had the most talent and the most good fortune? Everyone prepares every day to win, but it don't always pan out. These stories you tell, rub me wrong. The "If I can do it, you can do it" attitude, I find a bit arrogant, but that's my opinion.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    The American Dream is whatever you want it to be.....that's your interpretation. I don't really know how to define it because I don't too much subscribe to it. I just want everyone to do well, have good health, achieve whatever goals etc.

4. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018

I don’t want it to rub you the wrong way. Not my intention.

my intention is simple, the American people had the best vision for society, now they messed up in lots of places. But these ideals rang true through out the known world and attracted many here. What got lost along the way is the interpretation.

In the end being happy and at peace one can say is the American dream. If you are happy where your at than you have made it.

Only rule is this. If it’s getting easier and easier to live then you are doing it.

5. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    For me personally what I always cared about was personal freedom and nobody being able to tell me what to do. Being in control of my own destiny for good or bad. Doing whatever I want, whenever and however I want. Now, achieving these things means you have to make a lot of money and be self sufficient. I really don’t care about buying things, but I do care about having assets and access to plenty of money. Perfect example has been this covid thing with first the mask and then the vaccine mandates. I’ve been able to tell the government to completely shove it up their rear end because frankly, I don’t need them. I got my own and started with nothing and barely graduated high school. lol.
    Family is also even more important but for me in my own way I must have these other things accomplished in order to take care of them in my own way. So, it all runs hand in hand.

N00bLaLoosh and LoneRanger Thank this.
  6. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    True enough.....it isn't so much that people complain about not being rich, people complain about not making enough to meet even basic needs. Many people would be OK being middle class if they could pay their rent/mortgage without a lot of wasted effort. I side with those folks because the cost just to live is ridiculous. Too many people gotta live check to check to make ends meet, and I think that inadvertently creates a disdain for the wealthy. I don't have a hatred for the wealthy. You get your money how you get it, but I think people would feel better if the jobs they worked could pay enough to meet your necessities, because 15 bucks an hour is nothing anymore. I'd say even 20 isn't going that far....if you gotta family, or whatever obligations.

7. LoneRanger

Jun 3, 2018
    and that is where we agree. Because of this many set out on their own. We fail many times before we make it but when we do. Oh it’s a different feeling.

8. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Absolutely....I won't be a business owner ever, career company driver here lol, but it's working. I think that's success.....my thinking makes me simpleton in that department, but I'm OK with it. Lol...sometimes it may not result in being wealthy but the result is one finds something that works for them. I can applaud either one.

Midwest Trucker Thanks this.
  9. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    I don’t think anything happens inadvertently. Politicians create this disdain. When I was a kid I was taught to be jealous of no one. Jealousy is for victim mentality. Now, being envious is fine and actually healthy. That’s for people that see others and then think how do I do that?

Demonizing 1%’rs is a bs move and bad for America. Getting people hooked on government assistance instead is also bad for America.

As far as $15/hr no longer being enough... no, it’s not enough but we also must realize that no matter what, there will be poor people. Not everyone is going to be middle class or rich. If everyone got a universal basic income of $20/hr or even a min wage of $20/hr then quickly that would no longer be enough due to the inflation it would cause. This last year has been a perfect example.

So, it would be healthy for people to get competitive and try to rise up, not believe that only certain people can be “rich” and that I’m just a little poor nobody and can’t help myself.

LoneRanger Thanks this.
  10. LoneRanger

Jun 3, 2018
    I guess the turning point for me was when I was pushed out by getting my schedule reduced when I was 19 working for a company. I realized only I can control my future.

failed company in the dot com era, the cell phone store era, ended up going back to work for a guy but in the medical industry. 2 years later bought the medical laboratory from him, flipped it and sold it. Got into another industry. Then Another, then another, lost it all, and got into trucking.

holding it down until wife graduates than I’ll open an office for her, and I’ll use her degree to expand into other industries. That’s the plan. For me financial freedom and the time I get to spend with my kids is important. They are young and they understand I have to be away from home until their mom graduates. Then the real fun begins.

I have two free employees once the office is open. They are with the plan.

Midwest Trucker Thanks this.
  11. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    That's just it.....everyone is trying to rise up, or at least do something. I agree with everything you say. It's 5 percent that are unemployed last time I checked. people would not need government assistance if the pay was in line with living costs. We talk about that all the time about trucker pay not keeping up with the times, and quite frankly, no industry has kept up. You're one of the few employers that recognize that, and you pay your drivers well. If employers followed your model, what a difference that would make. I think everyone realizes that not everyone can be rich, but it's only so much certain people can do, and if you've been dealt a bad hand(self inflicted or coincidental circumstance) and you don't have much support, you're going to be stuck. I see it all the time at home. Not everyone can be rich, I just think people want to meet basic needs without worrying how it's going to happen next time.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.