C.R.england Lease not profitable...

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by happypappy25, Dec 28, 2008.

1. happypappy25

happypappy25 Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2008
    League City, Texas
    I went to SLC and did their little classes and went out and picked my lease truck. I picked a used one, to get lower payments and a quicker payoff, and it was in good shape with low miles. I lived in Wy. so they had to het me a load home to get my stuff.
    My first load out was from SLC to Hershey, Pa. In Wy. I broke down when my turbo went out and lost 3 days there because it was over a weekend. I got back on the road and del. in Pa. and sat # the reciever for 2 days waiting because they said there was a reload there. On the 3rd day they sent me towards NJ for a beer load. When I was about 20 miles from the shipper they cancelled the load and told me to return to Hershey for a load to miami Fl. Cool I thought. It took another day to get loaded and it was only 6000 lbs. so I thought I could save fuel on this one.
    Del. in Miami and they had a load of cruise ship tshirts to go to San Diego Ca. Great I thought. Loaded it and was told it delivered in 7 days and I had to take it. I del. it and when I was empty had to sit. There is only 1 ts in San Diego and it's small. I was reading my statement and I was in the hole about $1000. I hadn't been paid for the roundtrip miles to NJ and was shorted big time on the other trip miles.
    By the time they finished taking their stuff out I was in the hole. I called them and said I needed a load to SLC and they said I would probably go East. I sat for 2 days and called them and said I am coming to SLC to turn in the truck. They immediatley shut off my fuel card and raised hell with me over the Qcom.
    Needeless to say I was in SLC in no time. I checked in at the gate and turned in my truck and trl. and the only nice guy in the office gave me a ride to the airport. Later I recieved a notice that on my DAC they had said I had unauthorized movement of co. vehicle and abandoment.
    I had to contact DAC in Tulsa and rebut this and it is still on my DAC 12 years later.
    Since then I have been very weary about any lease from any co. and I advise anyone else to be also.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. aladdin sane

aladdin sane Medium Load Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Towanda, Kansas
    Unauthorized movement to SLC a bit of a bonehead move dontcha' think? That'll give 'em all they need to screw ya'. You guys oughta think about that stuff before you fly off the handle and wonder why your DAC is all screwed up.

4. MGASSEL

MGASSEL Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Co
    I do not know how they got you for unauthorized movement of company vehicle as it was leased to you so technically it was your vehicle.

Abandoment you dropped the trailer were they did not want it maybey.

5. knighton5

knighton5 Heavy Load Member

Nov 19, 2006
    Rose City
    Just curious - why did you choose CR ? Why not Prime,Central, or JCT? Just curious, thanks and good luck.

6. happypappy25

happypappy25 Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2008
    League City, Texas
    Hope this answers all your questions. It wasn't an unauthorized movement as it was my lease truck and I was returning it to them. I dropped their trl. in their yard where they told me.
    I lived in Wy., that is why I picked C.R.E. as their freight lane was close.
    Anyway, the group at England got theirs in the end as they lost the court decision. At least there were a few drivers that stuck together and followed thru with what they believed in. That needs to happen more often and maybe we could take back our profession.

7. ChosenWun

ChosenWun Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2009
    Allentown, PA
    England is notorious for putting and abandonment on your DAC regardless of wheather you took the truck back or not they will get some way or another. Also if you lease and turn it in you will get slapped with a bill for new tires and a new interior. Ive had 3 friends that went to the same school in Indiana that I did and they got exactly what I just said. Terrible!!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.