C&S my new home

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by nite vision, Dec 3, 2018.

1. nite vision

nite vision Light Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Phenix City AL
    I took a driving job with C&S chemicals , they are in the S.E. , I could not find anything on line about them really , but took a chance . Pretty good company , hauling our own products ( water treatment stuff ) for the most part , acid to our own plants and other customers as well, run the south east , company has 25 drivers , hourly pay , been running about 60 hours a week on the average , ELD is on a iPad , fill in a time sheet when I start and end for the day . Very simple company no trailer washes , basically have assigned trailers , no waiting on the next load , you can pull the shedual up or they just call and tell you what the loads are for the week , give you pick up numbers and just do your job . I have been running out Monday back Friday , hopefully local soon .
    I posted this just to show that you don't have to play with the big box company, and the silly games they play. For new drivers get experience then look for the better company .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nite vision

Sep 21, 2012
    Phenix City AL
    Other plus , they lease all the trucks so if it has an issue it goes to the lease company , no screwing around with waiting to get fixed , if they can't fix it , you get a loaner .
    Just FYI they are expanding a little bit , boss ask if I knew tank haulers in the area , winder GA , Darlington SC , Bartow FL , Savannah GA , most is local work expect to work over 40 hours ( great for the pay check ) local can be 2 or 3 short loads or 1 long load just depends on who needs what .

4. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    What's the pay and bennies?

5. nite vision

Sep 21, 2012
    Phenix City AL
    Pay is good not supper trucker 50.00 per hour , depends on experience I have a few years experience and will make 50k in a year easy , I don't inflate stuff , I net 1 k a week average ( I know not as much as a supper trucker lol , but consistent pay , I average 60 hours a week , I have been home every weekend , most drivers are home every night , and still bring home the same if not more due to years with the company ) good pay raises just do your job and do it right .
    Company pays medical for the employee, can add family members for a fee .
    Paid holidays ( 8 hours of pay , if you work the holiday you still make what you would make daily )
    I am not a recruiter , just a driver. It's not a big company , but it is solid honest work = honest pay
    I like the whole turn your time sheet in on Monday , get paid friday thing . No waiting for loads to get settled , no transflow 10 pices of paper , no breakdown or demerge , just straight and simple . I don't think they have a lay over policy , no reason to do a 34 re set on the road as we are more local , I have one of the 2 sleepers in the company , if you go out of town in a day cab , it's a hotel .
    I consider it a grown up company , they give you the load info , you get it done , that is a bonus in it's self .

scythe08 Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Do they deliver to the water treatment plant in Atlanta? I've delivered to one that's pretty close to the Petro Truck Stop.

7. nite vision

Sep 21, 2012
    Phenix City AL
    Yes we run out of winder GA , have a few water treatment plants , we do other stuff too , it's a nice little family owned company .

8. nite vision

Sep 21, 2012
    Phenix City AL
    They are in need of acid haulers , all SE stuff . Savanna GA and Wilmington NC , i just don't get why people are afraid of hauling acid , they load it for you , haul it in a un insulated trailer ( I call it the sports car trailer , it's low and you can see all around it ) simple air unload , not a whole lot of waiting , usually places we deliver it to are happy to see the trailer come in .

scythe08 Thanks this.
  9. Leviathan Tube

Leviathan Tube Medium Load Member

Mar 21, 2014
    Georgia
    Disregard this post. Tried to delete but couldn't..

10. nite vision

Sep 21, 2012
    Phenix City AL
    I said it's not supper trucker 50.00 an hour , it was ment as a joke . The pay is decent and you get a raise every 6 months . It is nice to know what I am doing at least a week in advance , no sitting and waiting for the next load , deliver the first , go onto the next .

Leviathan Tube Thanks this.
  11. 31N90W

31N90W Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Nite Vision,
    .......you wrote that you are off on weekends. Does that mean two full days, or from when you get in untill you reset hours, then go back out? I could care less about the weekend, actually, I prefer to be off on weekdays, but I like two full days off. I once interviewed with a prospective employer that said drivers were off two days, and that translated to, "as long as it took to reset then go back out."

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.