C15 Severe Coolant Loss

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by A5¢, Jan 24, 2018.

1. SAR

SAR Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2011
    ND
    Any updates? Did you get the turbos on?

A5¢ Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. A5¢

A5¢ Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2017
    The turbo chargers are on and I did pick up some boost! I crawled underneath the truck and the pipes look kind of crappy from the turbo to the converter. That's ok, I am going to put 8" pipes from the turbo out to straight pipe stacks. I do believe that all that antifreeze going through the converter, plugged it up. So, I'll put that on the scrap iron pile and let the kitty roar a little
    How goes it with you my friend?

4. SAR

SAR Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2011
    ND
    I'm doing good. I've been hauling some grain to the elevators. It's been nice up here this winter so can't complain.

Glad to hear your making progress.

Oxbow and A5¢ Thank this.
  5. A5¢

A5¢ Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Just a picture of the aluminum flatbed I recently bolted on. I changed out the lug nut covers and will finish the baby moons for the drives. I will be flat towing my Silverado to Florida this June. Road trip! I am looking forward to the ride and the saltwater fishing, plus the mandatory bikini defect inspection.

Attached Files:

SAR, booley, Oxbow and 2 others Thank this.
  6. T800H

T800H Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2010
    The Keys
    That set up looks pretty good. Where in Florida are going to?

Oxbow and spsauerland Thank this.
  7. A5¢

A5¢ Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Cape Coral/ Fort Myers. My girlfriends parents live there, so I just HAD to learn about saltwater fishing!

SAR, Oxbow and spsauerland Thank this.
  8. T800H

T800H Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2010
    The Keys
    I just helped a friend move up there to Cape Cora, it was my first time ever going to Cape Coral and I have lived in Florida basically all my life. If you are serious about salt water fishing you're going to love it, like I told my wife and kids when they were learning to fish the bite and the fight are always a lot stronger than you would think on a fishing rod, is a great feeling and I don't care how many fish you have caught is always exiting. Good Luck to you, hope you catch a lot of fish.

SAR, Oxbow, spsauerland and 1 other person Thank this.
  9. A5¢

A5¢ Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2017
    I happened to stumble on to the Spanish Mackeral at Nokomis in March. Great fight and great on the grill! This trip, as usual, k will be targeting whatever is biting. I have learned a lot and really like the fish /fight.

SAR, Oxbow and T800H Thank this.
  10. T800H

T800H Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2010
    The Keys
    I live in the Florida Keys and fishing goes back a few generation in our family, I was actually the first to break away from fishing, but fishing is part of my DNA, I have been a few years with no boats, but all it takes is to get a fishing line in my hand or a boat steering wheel, is all natural and I feel proud about it, like I've said the feeling never gets old.

SAR and Oxbow Thank this.
  11. Shawn2130

Shawn2130 Heavy Load Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Ontario
    Very interesting read!

I have a 2005 freightliner with a BXS that also cracked the head in 3 places.

Pushed coolant out the coolant tank.

I am waiting for a new head and in frame kit to arrive.

I’ll be checking my high pressure turbo too after seeing your pics.

A5¢ Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.