CA administrative ticket "out of truck route"

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Kairen0001, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Kairen0001

Kairen0001 Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2021
    For those who fall in a childhood and hurt his head: there is NOOOO sign "no trucks allowed" on this street!!!
    I'm following directions and cop did not pull over another truck with CA plates who was following me!
    So don't pretend a smart ### it's not working out well!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kairen0001

Dec 17, 2021
    buddyd157 Thanks this.
  4. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    That route should’ve been off junction 60, south in Archibald, Merrill, …… or 71, east on Edison, south of Hellman. I live in Chino about 25 years ago, it was all dairy’s back then, now it’s full on warehouses logistics mix with track homes on the other side. For an outsider, sorry to say but it’s very complicated. Like already mentioned, it’s revenue for the cities and they know the outsider ain’t gonna comeback and fight it.

Edit: Grand is the Exit of the 71, then it turns into Edison.

D.Tibbitt, Kairen0001 and 062 Thank this.
  5. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    I agree with others. There was a sign that posted the truck route. That's the truck route that has been assigned by the city for trucks to follow.
    When you come into a city & there is a loop & there is a sign that says "Truck Route" go this way with an arrow.. if you're in a truck, you go that way.
    That doesn't mean they have to put a sign on every street in town saying "no trucks". It should have been explanation enough.

If you're carrying hazmat & there is a sign that says all hazmat must go "this way" or use "X" road...... you don't keep going straight. You follow the route for hazmat. Again, that don't mean they have to post a sign on every street in town saying no hazmat.

If you're having a heart attack & you're headed to the hospital, you wouldn't pass by the sign that says "Hospital this Way".

Same thing...... truck route this way with an arrow.... go that way.

6. rockeee

rockeee Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Kalama, Wa
    For future reference you might want to take the meaning of a sign, for instance...."Truck Route" at it's face value as opposed to looking for something that is not there. Whose directions were you following? Could be any number of reasons the officer pulled you over instead of the other truck. Maybe he knows from past experience that he is going to a certain place already and will be legal. Maybe he saw you first or didn't like your hairdo. He can only stop one vehicle at a time and he choose you. So what? You don't think that's fair? Another so what. Either pay the ticket or get a lawyer. I would just pay it and forget about it. Don't dwell on it. More unfair things in life to worry about than this.

ncmickey, buddyd157 and Last Call Thank this.
  7. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Maybe the California truck was doing a local delivery?

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  8. Lazer

Lazer Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2017
    What ever happened to municipalities painting the sign posts yellow on truck routes?

9. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009

If you were traveling on CA-71N, what street did you turn right on?

Hellman is a north to south street.

Diesel Dave Thanks this.
  10. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    This is a prime example of the difference between a professional driver ..
    And a steering wheel holder that has to rely on a device that is not 100% accurate
    Because he is unable to read a map and plan a route
    Obviously he can't read signage either
    Dry your eyes and pony up the 250 for your mistake

11. Kairen0001

Dec 17, 2021
    I took eucalyptus ave instead of kimball... That's my first time at this location and I had no idea it is not for trucks because there is no sign as I said...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.