California Runs

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Bodhi, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Ol'Shusquatch

Ol'Shusquatch Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2019
    BC Interior
    Yeah it's pretty well abused by the nitwits. Did meet a guy early AM the other day and exchanged road condition reports down in WA state. Doesn't happen too often though. Just shut it off around a truck stop.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bodhi

Bodhi Light Load Member

Jan 18, 2020
    Vancouver Island, BC
    I too am from the map days ... a great resource indeed. I do love technology too, so the two are a good pair. I also do love Google maps as it allows me to see streets and obstructions when it comes to the shipper/receiver. I have had many a time when they have said, "Oh yah, not too worry, we have had trucks in here before". Yahh right! LOL

BigHossVolvo Thanks this.
  4. skipgears

skipgears Medium Load Member

Aug 8, 2020
    BC
    Yah, they had straight trucks in there before

5. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    UPS trucks lol.

skipgears Thanks this.
  6. BigHossVolvo

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Tell me the company, I can tell you exactly where they go. Been doing Cali for 4 years now, LTL Van and Reefer, I will go to Cali every day vs anything east of the Mississippi these days.

dancecanyon and jeff18 Thank this.
  7. BigHossVolvo

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Hey I did Union St and Franklin St San Fran once, Custom Millwork and Windows for a fancy condo building going up there. Out of everyting i've done, that was the absolute craziest, made NYC look easy, those people in San Fran don't give a ####, no time for you, the cops, construction, nothing. I had people trying to pass me in the tunnel, on Broadway street FFS.

skipgears Thanks this.
  8. Bodhi

Bodhi Light Load Member

Jan 18, 2020
    Vancouver Island, BC
    Hey there ... these are the guys, Bill Todd & Sons’ Trucking Thoughts?

Also, I agree 100% that the West coast of the US is better then the East ... East is too small and no parking.

Cheers

joshuapowell61 and dancecanyon Thank this.
  9. BigHossVolvo

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Super small outfit, seen them in the Bay Area and LA, usually sitting in truckstops, staring out the window waiting for loads lol.

If you're in Vancouver, I think IHaul is the best option, if you can overlook the driver facing camera (not real time).

All these smaller outfits, are stepping on each other for loads. If you don't have contract freight, expect 3-7 days for a reload out of California.

Just my 0.02c

10. Bodhi

Bodhi Light Load Member

Jan 18, 2020
    Vancouver Island, BC
    Thanks for that, you are correct they are a very small company.

I did look at iHaul, but there is no way I will drive for a company that thinks I am a crimina or a bad driver before knowing anything about me.

Been driving since 2004 and not a single accident or violation, so you would think that would count for something. Lol

I have branched out from BC as I have found that most of the folks looking for drivers are not very ethical or trustworthy companies - they all have something up their sleeves.

Cheers

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  11. skipgears

skipgears Medium Load Member

Aug 8, 2020
    BC
    Yes, that's precisely what I delivered as well, windows. Luckily it was a small load and I was out of there within an hour. But getting in and out was the true adventure. One of the most nerve racking days of all my driving career. They should only allow straight trucks in there, it's crazy! And the traffic is nuts, exactly as you say. San Fran is trucking dialed up to 11, lol .. it's next level. I'd like to see some of them autonomous driving robots try to pull a SF delivery, haha! I'm telling you that great drivers aren't going away that quick. They'll use those robots for connections between large cities but we'll still have work getting product into the dock.

dancecanyon and BigHossVolvo Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.