California Runs

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Bodhi, Nov 16, 2020.

1. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I'll still be working. It'll be a loooooong time before robots will be skilled enough to replace mechanics. Welders could be replaced to some extent. Be really hard for robots to become carpenters, construction workers, plumbers etc.

If we're not careful, we'll ultimately put ourselves into extinction.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I'd be willing to bet you'd see a MASSIVE labour shortage too. I think many younger folks would be quite content to sit on their ### and play video games all day long while collecting UBI. When businesses started reopening in June they were crying for people to come back to work.

4. skipgears

skipgears Medium Load Member

Aug 8, 2020
    BC
    Carpenters and construction workers will be replaced by modular robot constructed homes, etc. Just like cars are made today in factory, so will be homes. And then slapped together on-site. Robots are already welding. Drones will deliver your Amazon crap, etc. Slowly things are moving in that direction, we're still ok for timing being but not for too long.

As for kids staying home on CERB and masturbating to video games; that's a social economic problem as well since majority of those kids would make LESS by going to full-time work. So the lack of proper financial remuneration in effect makes people lazy. Simple math: if you make more money staying home, you'll stay home, for most folks that'll make more sense.

Definitely a difficult period we're in, much instability along with butting contrasting ideologies.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.