Call your Senator NOW please !!

Discussion in 'Other News' started by dancnoone, Dec 2, 2007.

1. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    While this may be perceived as a political type post, and it is.

The link below should be on the mind of EVERY U.S. citizen.

I urge you to take the time to read it, and then contact your Congressman.

In a nutshell, this bill would make individuals and groups that disagree publicly with our current officials terrorist.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=s110-1959

This is not a vision of MY America.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. myminpins

myminpins Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2007
    Dartmouth, NS, Canada
    Can they really do this?????

This is a good phrase, though:

But yup, this is not good. So much for freedom of speech, etc., etc., etc., eh? Wow...

4. MsSage

MsSage <strong>The Zoo Keeper</strong>

Jul 3, 2006
    NW Panhandle Texas
    • I added the bold...what is rational basis???? Who decides what is rational? The Government? Disproportionate to whom? Is that called in for questioning or held for a week in jail?
      This is very scary!~!~!

5. Ronnocomot

Ronnocomot Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2006
    IL
    SEC. 899A. DEFINITIONS.

In this subtitle:

(1) COMMISSION- The term `Commission' means the National Commission on the Prevention of Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism established under section 899C.

(2) VIOLENT RADICALIZATION- The term `violent radicalization' means the process of adopting or promoting an extremist belief system for the purpose of facilitating ideologically based violence to advance political, religious, or social change.

(3) HOMEGROWN TERRORISM- The term `homegrown terrorism' means the use, planned use, or threatened use, of force or violence by a group or individual born, raised, or based and operating primarily within the United States or any possession of the United States to intimidate or coerce the United States government, the civilian population of the United States, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives.

(4) IDEOLOGICALLY BASED VIOLENCE- The term `ideologically based violence' means the use, planned use, or threatened use of force or violence by a group or individual to promote the group or individual's political, religious, or social beliefs.

I guess reading comprehension is not our strong suit?
    It states repeatedly "use of force or violence", its says nothing about restricting free speech.

6. Cybergal

Cybergal Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2008
    This is only the START of more to come!!! SIGH:biggrin_25521:

7. MsSage

Jul 3, 2006
    NW Panhandle Texas
    Is that NOT speach?

it is a slippery slope

I think Ben Franklin sums it up

8. Ronnocomot

Sep 1, 2006
    IL
    Violence is not speech. Violence is a physical action, speech is the use of words.

9. MsSage

Jul 3, 2006
    NW Panhandle Texas
    How do you threaten? Is it not a declaration or simply the use of WORDS?

10. Ronnocomot

Sep 1, 2006
    IL
    "I will blow up this building with this bomb on my chest unless ........"

"If you do not pray to Allah, I will pull the pin on this grenade"

Both are speech, neither of them is protected speech, either one will get you a visit from a SWAT Team sniper bullet.

11. javelinjeff

javelinjeff Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2007
    victorville,ca
    personally i have no problem with that,actually i would like to see that used on all these dirtbag street gangs and other violence oriented types of groups or individuals. in fact i would like to see ALL violent,hostile folks get a little of their own medicine.none of this is aimed at the normal american citizen working for the common good regardless of what the conspiracy folks may scream about.we are now in a country who has allowed way to many foreign nationals in(even though many are good people) who still hold onto the ideals of their homeland (muslims,latinos). although our government cannot guarantee our safety,they will come up with this kinda stuff as an attempt to go after certain dangerous groups that use our rights/liberty to act against the US.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.