Can’t believe this hasn’t been discussed yet...

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Lennythedriver, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Well with all these truck drivers dying from Covid-19, they have to keep those truck seats filled :)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    tscottme and Kyle G. Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    If they try and ticket you, just start coughing and hacking. You’ll be on your way in no time. lol

clausland and Kyle G. Thank this.
  4. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    I got rid of my house last year in SW Florida. Bought a very nice one owner 2003 Chevrolet hi-top van converted by Explorer.
    Pulled the sofa and chairs out and built out a foldable queen size bed with storage underneath for all my woodwork and mechanical tools.
    I opted for the van so I could park it at the people I know in Florida's homes and condos when visiting.

Plus I can stealth camp.Debating putting solar on the roof to maintain a battery bank to power a small Contained a\c unit through the night , just don't know if I want Butcher up the roof with attaching panels and lose my stealth.

I could probably get away with a nice roof fan as I have 6 flip open windows, once again don't know if I can bring myself to get out the saw and hack up my little cherry honey of a van.

I bought as nice 37 foot Trawler last year because it was a killer deal .I flipped it to my brother ,who lives on it ,as I wasn't ready to live on it fulltime enough to justify all costs and maintenance .

Good call looking back.Older Boats will be a penny on the dollar after this mess settles.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  5. SeniorTacos

SeniorTacos Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2019
    #### it feels good to be a swift driver right now hahah.

Wasted Thyme, rachi and tommymonza Thank this.
  6. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    Oh I’ve thought about the stealth van thing many times. Definitely has its advantages as you can park anywhere and just blend in. However I have to have air conditioning. LOL and I’d probably end up putting a generator on the rear bumper. The reason I didn’t end up going that route is as a truck driver we’re already cooped up in a small truck for months at a time and when I take-home time I want a large RV that I can spread out in a little bit. I’ll probably get a membership at some of these parks where you can stay for weeks at a time under your membership and maybe eventually buy myself a little piece of land that I can use it on. Plus being mobile, we can follow the work. No way in hell I’m buying a new house right now. The US economy is going to have to be rebuilt from the ground up after this.

Wasted Thyme and tommymonza Thank this.
  7. tommymonza

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    Yea I didn't even want to be tied down by the boat. Been in Florida 35 years after moving here from Michigan when I was 18.

Just did 3 years back up in Michigan and broke into driving than bought a truck that I have not put on the road yet.

I lived in my 60 inch sleeper full time for 15 months. It was better than the van as I had full headroom.

The van hasn't been totally full time yet but it's mostly for sleeping or chilling. as long as I have shade, a beach chair with some entertainment and a cool beverage I'm Happy.

I'm pretty good at sittin on fences, seen and done a lot of hasty moves in my past that weren't worth it.

Wasted Thyme Thanks this.
  8. shatteredsquare

shatteredsquare Road Train Member

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    if you use both sides of the fence u never have to worry about finding shade, plus you can keep an eye on what both sides are up to

tommymonza Thanks this.
  9. tommymonza

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    My mother always said to me "Florida is a Sunny place for Shady people " and look where I ended up. Lol

10. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    I love Florida, But your mother was right. Florida absolutely attracts the shady people. LOL someone put it to me this way once. If you’ve made up your mind you’re going to be a con man, would you pick someplace like Minnesota where it’s freezing or somewhere tropical and warm like Florida to do it in? So many fast talking hyper types in Florida, etc, but I still enjoy it there.

11. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    My aunt and uncle both here in FL, refused to believe this was a big deal. I told them a month ago that they need to see this as serious and he being a big supporter of you know who said it was all a nuffin burger.. He kept going out pretending it was all over reaction, now today he's in the hospital with a stroke. I then found out that he an my aunt have had the "flu" for the last week. (nope they of course never went to get tested because it's all a nuffin burger) They still trying to down play it as he's in the hospital right now with a stoke and she's been in bed sick for a week.. still a nuffin bugger.. All I can do is hope the hospital actually tests him for it...

So now with them being ignorant.. they've possibly exposed my cousin, her son, my dad and now possible me. Granted I've done my best to stay away from them when I saw them so I'm sure I'm ok because family or not if you aren't taking this #### serious then I'm not coming in close contact with you.. Luckily I haven't been in contact with them much at all in the last 2 weeks I've been home but I have seen my dad and I'm not sure how close of contact he's been with them...

Wasted Thyme Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.