Can a car hauler cause this damage?

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by sevendust717, Sep 2, 2018.

1. djbattle

djbattle Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Hey it's good to see a customer with morals and intelligence, if you are reselli g this car I would not file insurance a good shop would love to make 1200 dollars on this,I would take the pictures pointing out the amount of rust,and explain to the seller the carrier isn't responsible for things that he cant see under a car,if that don't work maybe they will meet you in the middle This is the reason I haul no touch freight,most people would be ##### and make the driver pay,he has insurance but if he files it it will go up an additional$20,000 per year,or he will lose his insurance,so now if drives good equipment he just spent his truck payment to deliver a car he didn't damage.i guess the answer is to do a better pre trip,but after walking 10 miles to get 9 cars,in the ,dark,rain,snow,desert heat, Thats if it didnt get lost or they closed,then load them all up dodging trees low bridges dot,did i mention dot they love car haulers,or the person who says i see trucks all the time on my road,they might have got in a hurry,but he shouldn't have, cause once he got to your town there wasn't any freight unless he wants to haul a f1million with a 100 inch lift 1000 miles for 200 bucks ,then drive to another state for free,but he accidentally scrubbed a tree and owes the owner of the truck 2500,When you get great at this job it isn't always this bad,but that's my story and I'm sticking to it,my next post will be things i miss anout hauling cars for peanuts

tech10171968 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. djbattle

djbattle Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Ravi 4 sits high

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2018
    Reason for edit: Fixed quote
  4. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    You could file on the transporters insurance. Since I don' do no who transported it, I can' say for a fact. But my company (And all the real companies I no about) would refer you to the bill of lading, the inventory or exception sheet..And chances are 97% would deny your claim. But if you had some midnight trucking outfit, hauling for you. Then chances are greater they will deny (that's if you can find them, and they actually have proper imsurance)

5. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    That damage is recent. Plastic doesn't rust. Can't imagine someone driving it with the plastic part dragging the ground. There won't be a Carfax because it was never repaired. Someone went 4 wheeling or it fell off a ramp.

p608 Thanks this.
  6. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    If I had a dime for every time I delivered a sight unseen auction buy car to a dealer only to hear they didn’t tell me it had this much damage...
    A lot of veritables here.
    Could the transporter have damaged it?
    It’s possible.
    But it also possible that it was damaged when it went thru the lane and not seen.
    It’s also possible that it was damaged after the sale but still on the auction grounds by those maniac Mario Andretti wantabe auction drivers.
    This is why communication, pictures and an extensive inspection report is mandatory.

Ruthless, BigBob410, p608 and 3 others Thank this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    If so, it's a salvage title.

I actually had a quadcab that got totaled a few years ago. Insurance company bought it from me. I drove it to the Conway Auction House and have them took possession with intent to sell for salvage (Especially that engine. A 5.9 Hemi custom...) and everything else. I can weep thinking how profitable it must have been for that insurance company, particularly after they paid me more than what we paid for the vehicle.

That's a salvage title from Arkansas. You will have to challenge them if you ever wanted to make the repairs (A 4500 dollar new frame assemby front to back combined with another 700 to 1200 in body and other associated work damage to repair.

If I ever find one like it, I'll buy it.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  8. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I pulled several loads out of Adessa Dayton/Cincy until I quickly decided mty miles were better than auction freight. I digressed briefly, sorry. They had an elevated ramp that they drove every single car up on. While it was up there the computerized camera system took multiple pictures of the undercarriage of the unit. Maybe your car had pictures taken as well.

9. sevendust717

sevendust717 Bobtail Member

Sep 2, 2018
    Car wasnt totaled according to latest carfax report. There were pictures from auction house but unfortunately didnt have a straight shot of the front end. I have been in contact with the auction place and on the Condition Report it does state "front bumper misaligned" but says nothing of all the damage. They do not inspect the bottom of the car prior to sale.

Also when folks are saying fork lift damage do they mean from something like this?

Forklift Wrecker - Move Cars with Just a Forklift - Wheel Lift Attachment

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  10. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    0E7F4117-6FE9-4188-BC05-8101C4516050.png

We meant like this^^^^^

11. justcarhaulin

justcarhaulin Light Load Member

Jul 20, 2015
    I believe that car was damaged when being loaded with a bulldozer forklift. I have customers who wont let auction companies load my truck with forklifts for the simple reason that you are dealing with now. They have to be driven out then i load them. Forklifts can damage the underside if not aligned properly. My inspection paperwork states that since i do not inspect the underside then iam not liable any damage. If you file a claim with his insurance i believe they will just deny it. Good luck tho sorting it out.

brian991219 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.