Can anyone help my puttering dd15

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by CDL CPL, Jul 17, 2018.

1. CDL CPL

CDL CPL Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2017
    Iowa
    can anyone tell me what is wrong with my DD 15 I'm currently on a run it's a 2 drop I was able to make it to my first one but when I was done getting unloaded I put it in low gear and accelerated she took off like normal but as I started to gain a little more speed the accelerated it started doing the exact opposite and started slowing down . Everytime I try to accelerate it would rev up while in gear so it was kind of pick up speed but then it would slow down like it would completely lose power for 5 seconds or so then it would rev up again and It would gain a little more speed but then lose acceleration power and that's all she did I couldn't even get it no more than 3 gear the whole time I had the pedal all the way down. I have three lights two check engine lights and one red. She gave me a few codes eec61 SPN 3361 and another spn5246 eec 6 1 can anyone tell me what is going on with the truck I have heard that you could be the doser valve or a sensor of the DPF when are you guys can just give me an idea where I could possibly look 2 at least get her going I would be very grateful

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Working2party

Working2party Medium Load Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Kansas
    3361 indicates a power or wiring issue to you lr def pump, 5246 indicates the government shut down has been met.
    More than likely you have a rubbed wire that is shorted or broken down around your def pump. After you find it and fix it. You might be able to get the gov code to deactivate by idling the truck for 5 minutes and shutting it off for 5.

Right now your truck is locked down to >5mph

4. CDL CPL

Aug 14, 2017
    Iowa
    Your right i towed to freightliner they found that the splash guard behinde the one box had kinda cut through a wire. They changed the wires and got me goin agin..but 20 miles down the road truck was running like it should. I was doin a steady 70mph and like a flip of a switch check engine and the other ML light and the red stop light came on agin. 70mph droped to 10mph, i managed to pull over. Now im at the same issue i had before i got towed to freightliner. But now the codes are the same eec 61 spn5426 for all 3 alarms, except now FMI 15,16,17

5. Working2party

Feb 10, 2018
    Kansas
    If there are no other active codes They must not have done a regen on it. It takes a successful parked regen or SCR conversion test to clear the government codes (5426). If they fixed the wire and did not do a regen then the government code can still be activated after 30 miles (still thinks it’s getting ignored). To give them the benefit of doubt, they might have hoped you would get a passive (driving) regen started and it would clear its self.
    Or the mechanic was just lazy.

6. CDL CPL

Aug 14, 2017
    Iowa
    So by any chance would you happen to know how i could possibly make the truck do a parked (force)regen? Or maybe clear the governing codes. I heard 3 start cycles and starting it on fourth might work..OR do i have to have a computer hooked up to it and tell it to regen?..

7. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Do a parked regen it takes about 40 minutes.

8. CDL CPL

Aug 14, 2017
    Iowa
    So is there any steps i can do to make it regen? Or leaving it on for 40 minutes should do it?

9. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    A DD15 will not do a manual Regen unless the light on the dash indicates that a Regen is required. Otherwise you need Detroit Diesel Diagnostic Link to initiate one.

mhyn and Oxbow Thank this.
  10. Working2party

Feb 10, 2018
    Kansas
    Unfortunately no, there is no way to initiate a parked regen unless the truck asks for it. A lot of times you can get the truck to highway speeds and get it to activate the passive (automatic) regen and get codes to go inactive. If your locked down to the 5mph, your done until you find a computer.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.