can anyone say anything good about CR England.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by mike d, Jul 5, 2007.

1. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010

So in May 2011 they called me back they were desperate for drivers my recruiter Gina Duncan in Salt Lake City, Utah told me if I had an address in California I can go there to get my CDL and work for them.

If that statement didn't set off alarm bells, well I guess they conned another victim. New day same results.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MIAMI

MIAMI Bobtail Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Billings, MT
    I did call the TC he changed it 3 *ucking times! Then he told me I am not going out I need to go back to school! I said no way! I quit! I have my CDL bro through their school no OTR experience because they didn't have any trainers to train us at that time. So they wanted to sent me back to school with no pay **** that! I left that is BS!!!!!!!!

4. DrQuinn18

DrQuinn18 Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2008
    WA State
    I called there recruiting number after filling out the online App and the recruiter was not a friendly person at all. He talked to me like I was some uneducated trailer trash hillbilly. All I can say is this recruiter knew me better than myself! lol

SwampButt Thanks this.
  5. Passin Thru

Passin Thru Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2007
    VA
  6. l3ritt

l3ritt Bobtail Member

Jun 27, 2011
    So my boyfriend went straight out of school to swift. He worked for them for about 3-4 months until they wanted to loan our truck out with our stuff on it. So he left on good terms and went to CR England, which england promised us good pay and the whole 9 yards. Now for the past 6 months has he not seen a paycheck over 200 dollars for WHEN he DID get paid, or most times it would be nothing, or negative for the most part and he is a trainer, and is pulling over 3,500 miles a week. And he never got home time, he was always somewhere else he maybe got to be home two or three times in the entire 6 months, because they never let him come home. It took a huge toll on our relationship, since no bills have been paid. But come to find out he got hired on by Gordon trucking. Which is awesome from what we have heard so far, its the best news! So he has been home now for the past week ( he had to go see doctor because of his breathing machine was making him spit up blood in the mornings). So now they are trying to tell us that if WE don't bring the truck to them that he will have truck abandonment on his record. We live in Washington, and the terminal is in salt lake I believe. Now tell me how we are suppose to do this with no money. It is just so exhausting to deal with this company. We are fed up and cant wait till he is finished with this company, sad to say but I didnt find anything to be good at all. And if it was not for my 75 dollars I had when he first brought me out, and his friend helping us we wouldnt of even had food. Its terrible how they treat their workers. The people who answer phones are sometimes not nice at all. But the sad part is they make way more money and get to go home everynight to their families. The drivers get crappy pay and sit in a truck until people say its okay for them to have home time.

Thank you, and I hope this helps.

AfterShock Thanks this.
  7. THBatMan8

THBatMan8 Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Wherever I park
    I'm not buying this. CRE won't send you back to school for no reason whatsoever. Methinks you got in a accident; but I know for sure you aren't telling the whole story.

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  8. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    It's nice to read a success story from a C.R.E. driver, BatMan. How far into your six-month trial lease are you now?

We here at The Trucker's Report have read quite a few positive reports from folks who claimed to be doin' well at C.R. England and were satisfied that the negative reports were from those who were just whining because they couldn't make the grade, --- often attributing such rejections to a lack of "good work ethics". The strange thing about those who claim that they're doing well is how they suddenly just disappear, never to be heard from again, which raises curiosity. Where'd they go?

Many who've claimed that things are going well for them and disbelieve the horror stories posted here and elsewhere, --- at first, --- because they hadn't encountered such treatment, --- yet.
    Then, it happens to them, often as predicted, based on information gleaned from the many horror stories provided by those who went through the C.R.E. adventure. Some of them drop off the ends of the Earth, perhaps embarrassed or ashamed to admit they were a tad hasty in their evaluation. A few find the courage and decency to amend their opinions so others won't be blind-sided by C.R. England's business tactics, which, if nothing else, seem to be consistent.
    You didn't mention how far into your six-month trial lease you currently are, or how long you've been with C.R.E., which causes me to wonder if you're qualified to make the assessments we're reading in your post(s). If you, personally, haven't encountered any of the negative treatment that many have reported, does that indicate that it doesn't exist? If so, you're not the first to believe that. However, it seems that many believers change their beliefs when their time comes to be abused. They can't say they weren't informed. They just chose to hear what they wanted to hear, and disregarded the rest.

There have been a few stories of success posted by those who seem to disappear, compared to disproportionately large numbers of negative comments, which often contain graphic examples to illustrate their ordeal, from many who still remain active posters here trying to warn others of the potential pit-falls associated with C.R. England, yet some folks seem to ignore the warnings believing that it'll be different for them because they have a "good attitude" and will "work hard", as though that's the key that opens the door, only to discover that what's behind said door is less than desirable as the door slams shut, --- behind them, --- and they lose everything they thought they had which remains on the other side of the door they just walked through, now closed and locked tight, --- and the key that opened it won't unlock the door now marked, NO REENTRY .
    Then they change their tune from Whistle While You Work, to, a Somebody Done Me Wrong Song, sung blue.
    Congratulations!
    At this point it appears that you're the exception to the rule. I sincerely hope that continues. But I'm skeptical, and hope that you'll continue to provide us with updated information, especially if the reports disprove the negativity now associated with C.R.E.

You know, ..... I hear and read that a lot from those defending their choice of starter companies, quite often followed by, "Nobody else would take me. I had no choice".
    Well, ...... for starters, they did have a "choice". They could have declined C.R.E.'s offer, but instead they ignore the warnings from those who made the same (wrong, as it turns out) mistake, SOMEhow expecting different results, and act surprised when they encounter the things C.R.E. is most famous for.
    Whereas there is some accuracy to your claim that, "All of the major OTR carriers are the same", not all of the major carriers have the history of shabby treatment that C.R.E. does. Not by a long shot. When it comes to being the worst, C.R.E. is the best place to encounter that, according to the reports from those who know first hand the reality of C.R.E.
    With most any of the other Big truck truckin' companies, that reasoning might hold more water, but not necessarily so with C.R.E. The Sons-0-Chester display no favoritism and discriminate equally among their drivers, even those with good "work ethics". Plenty more-unsuspecting, starry-eyed wanaBees passin' through C.R.E.'s revolvin' doors to replace those kicked to the curb.
    Hmmmmmm.
    Apparently they understood when told there are NO trainers available. If there were, why would C.R.E. lie to them?
    Then again, perhaps the newBees got spoiled with the five-star rated hotel that C.R.E. provides for their comfort and enjoyment. I hear that experience leaves a lasting first impression and is an excellent example of the amount of respect that the newBees can expect to receive from Chester's sons.
    Something tells me that you're wearing rose-colored glasses.
    With the frequency at which the described situation seems to occur, I wonder why wannaBees aren't informed and made aware that it's possible they'll encounter such a situation as well? To consistently fail to mention that right up front could cause one to be of the impression that Chester's sons aren't capable of runnin' a profitable Big truck truckin' company, - - - and we both know that ain't true. That leaves the possibility that it's intentionally overlooked, for obvious reasons. One has only to follow the Money Trail to figure out what those reasons really are.
    I suppose that the bulk of the negative stories could be fabricated by those who want to discredit a fine, upstanding, honorable truckin' company, for reasons known only to them.
    But, what are the odds?

You're presently employed by C.R. England, so it should be easy for you to inquire about the accuracy of the story as presented. My guess is that you won't bother making the effort for whatever reason(s) you may have, - - - which might be wise. Askin' questions like those could draw the attention of the powers that be C.R.E. and cause them to focus on you. It's hard tellin' where it'd go from there.
    But who knows?
    I suppose you could be offered the task of answering negative posts about C.R.E. and twist 'em into positive attributes by discrediting the victims of the C.R.E. experience with accusations of "poor work ethics", and/or not tellin' the "whole story".
    I'm thinkin' the Sons-0-Chester offer the cheerleader position(s) only to those who are unaware of the "whole story", which would include you, - - - at this time. Cheerleaders are taught to ignore the whole story, and instructed to continue repeating assumptions, misinformation, exaggerated half-truths, misleading cover-ups, and, if need arises, outright lies, I assume, - - - based upon what I've been readin' from both sides of the fence.
    Somebody is right and somebody is incorrect.
    Those who relate their horror stories have nothin' to gain for doin' so. Those who insinuate that the horror experienced was self-inflicted, caused by their own action(s), or lack thereof, who were too lazy to put forth an effort to develop "good work ethics", would have something to gain.
    Who would you suspect having an ulterior motive?

As it stands, I'll continue to read all comments concerning C.R. England, weed out those I think aren't credible, and compare the number of negative experiences to positive experiences, - - - hoping that I find fewer negative. But until the disproportionate number of negative reports subside and the number of positive reports increases, I'll go with the numbers.

I wish you continued success, no matter where you are.

THBatMan8 Thanks this.
  9. Dewey120

Dewey120 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    I got a decent paycheck from CRE today, $890. I would be getting another check next week close to a grand but because of the July 4th holiday payroll stops accepting TripPaks tonight at midnight. So next Tuesday I am only looking at maybe $200-300.

I hate how payroll gets a 3 day weekend and shorts the drivers 1 day of work.

AfterShock Thanks this.
  10. Dewey120

Dewey120 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    The funny part about it is that I am actually excited that I got consecutive positive paychecks. And since next pay period will be 8 days long I should turn in some excellent miles.

Trying to think positive.

AfterShock Thanks this.
  11. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Provided you get any miles over the holiday weekend ... CRE's staff will mentally checkout around noon on Friday ... then Tuesday will be crises mode dealing with everything that was dropped over the holiday.

Compound that with the fact that shippers don't want to ship and receivers don't want to receive over holiday weekends.

Bottom line if you don't have a nice long trip lined up, that will keep you running over the 3 day weekend, by Friday morning - you may be screwed.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.