can anyone say anything good about CR England.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by mike d, Jul 5, 2007.

1. MGASSEL

MGASSEL Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Co
    they say 1.25 but they make up all of the rest in your payments on the truck. It is a walkaway lease but you have to also leave the company I have been told.

I would not do the lease thing with them maybe if I was desperate company driver but that is a BIG maybe.:biggrin_2559:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    "An empty lot and no want ads is actually a good sign."

That's true. Now you have to check on their turnover. If it's less than about 25%, they MAY be worth taking a chance on. If it's higher than this, you know they're not, or at least we hope you know that.

Check to see what C.R. England's turnover is these days and get back with us. Maybe it's down around 25%. Maybe not.

Hmmmm. Let's see. If I walk over the bed of hot coals that is only 2000 degrees barefoot I won't be burned as much as I would if it's 3000 degrees. If I take a shower in water that's 800 degrees I won't be burned as much as I would be if I took it in boiling lava. This sounds like good reasoning. I think I'll go to work for C.R. England.

4. GuysLady

GuysLady Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jun 20, 2007
    The eye of the storm....
    I just noticed something, and must comment on it. You said you wanted to hear from someone working for them, not someone who told them to shove it years ago...

You're not gonna hear much from someone working for them now. They are too #### busy trying to make the miles to make a few cents to be on a forum like this.

The smarter ones left while they still could.

Bonnie

AfterShock Thanks this.
  5. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Or maybe they just haven't found us yet.

6. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    I'm checking into things like bumper stickers and shirts....maybe baseball caps with this site's address on it. I've found a place that makes bumper stickers. But is the decal the way to go? Probably not, as most drivers pull wagons that aren't theirs.

I think an ad in Landline is 'where it's at'. Or is there one in there already?

7. lugnut

lugnut Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2006
    Farkin, WI
    Ok, the fuel cap program is $1.25 per gallon of fuel all the time.
    That's only on dispatched miles.
    So if you deadhead home, you pay pump price.
    If the load says it's 2100 miles, but in reality it's 2400 because CRE pays HHG miles, you pay for 300 miles of fuel at pump price.

What they DON'T tell you is the rebate program.
    The rebate program gives you a cpm pay. The rebate right now is probably about 31cpm.
    So fuel at $2.89 per gallon on a truck that gets 6mpg.
    6 X .31 = 1.86 < That's how much you get OFF a gallon of fuel.
    $2.89 - $1.86 = $1.03

That's $1.03 per gallon you would pay for fuel. But most of the guys I met when I worked for England some 5 months ago were'nt that smart to use the rebate. They used the $1.25 program.
    One time I fueled and my cost per gallon was about 78 cents!

[​IMG]

Let's analyze this. This is direct from the CRE website.
    First 3250 miles is never going to be your average week.
    When I drove for them my best week was 2400 miles running solo.

Now, England says you have the potential to run 169000 miles per year.
    That's 3250 a week times 52 weeks. No hometime, sickness, or truck repairs are calculated into this.

All England really did was shift numbers around. The truck payment is cheaper than it was, but the variable mileage payment has gone up 8cpm. It used to be 6cpm. The maintenance used to be 5cpm. Now it is 7cpm.

Now, every 30,000 miles you need a "B" maintenance (oil change)
    Those cost about $180. On 169,000 miles you will have to have it serviced 5.6 times per year. We'll round it off and say 5.
    Well England wants the truck serviced at 25000 miles not 30000 miles. They tell you this just minutes before you sign the lease. Their reasoning is because they require a MAJOR service every 100,000 miles. So it "saves you". The major service costs about $300.

So now you need 5 "B" services, and a MAJOR. That costs $1100 total.
    We're not done yet.
    You need tires every 100,000 miles. 2 steers $650 and 4 drives $2400.
    So that's $1100 for oil changes, and $3050 for tires.
    We may as well add in batteries (80,000 miles) $800.

That's $3800 and we still haven't hit on filters, any item not covered by warranty, or any accidents you have.
    In a year driving according to their forcast you'll have a maintenance account of $11,000. Well, minus $3800. So you'll have about $7000.

Guess what? That escrow (maintenance) account is for YOU. It's your money! But you can't withdraw it as you wish because you need to get $10,000 in there before they will let you take any to do as you see fit.
    But you gotta pay taxes on that account. It is, after all, YOUR account.
    And it DOES NOT bear interest.

You've made $951 per week. Good. Now it's time to pay taxes.
    Better have those receipts! Your BASE REVENUE is almost $3000 per week. That's almost $150,000 per year! The IRS would love to know how you managed to make $150000 but only profit $50000.

It all comes down to the bottom line.
    I am a company driver (not for England, mind you) and make 32cpm.
    On 3250 miles I would make $1040.
    In reality it's near impossible to run 3000 miles per week every week.
    At least with England it is.

AfterShock Thanks this.
  8. truckermario

truckermario Road Train Member

Sep 24, 2006
    That looks like nowhere near the amount of expenses you really pay. And I was shelling out around $650 a week for my truck.

9. smurf-316

smurf-316 Resident Nut Case

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina

THEY SUCK !!
    oh wait....thats bad.
    ok never mind.

10. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Wow nice work
    I have seen this broke down but not this good.
    The last one I saw the poster for got to include FSC.

11. MGASSEL

MGASSEL Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Co
    truckermario

The OODIA just got done suing CRE and CRE had to lower the payments also they have to be truthful in the lending now too.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.