Can anyone suggest a good Volvo shop in Colorado?

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Theonlyblackbart, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Theonlyblackbart

Theonlyblackbart Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2017
    I've tried several places and have had the same experience, over priced, dishonest techs that care more about selling things I don't need then fixing my truck. The dealership seems to be the only place that pops up on any google searches. And they are the worst.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    Volvo shops are the absolute worst. I've never found a good one.

4. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    Same problem with our guys here in Saskatchewan with Volvos. Takes a week to book in a truck, then it sits in their yard for four days before they pull it in to have a look at it.
    One even had the warranty run out while it was on their property, then they tried to give him a full bill for the work.

5. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    Buddy of mine has had good luck with tristate in Casper and transport equipment in Missoula. Tristate in billings sucks though

6. Volvo8873

Volvo8873 Light Load Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Western Wisconsin
    The two mechanics at my Volvo dealer here outside the twin cities say they never worked on a D12 motor before WTF!?! Hence why I am scared to death to even think on bringing my truck to them. I think all the good Volvo shops are in the Chicagoland area.

7. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Hate to say this- Unless its an emergency- Your best mechanic is..............YOU.
    Learn your truck- And Do Most of your work yourself- You'll Feel Better.

BigBob410 and Volvo8873 Thank this.
  8. Confused

Confused Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2009
    somewhere else
    Stay away from the Denver dealership for Volvo, I have never had such a bad experience at a dealer than at the Denver dealership.
    They love to charge an arm and leg, just willy nilly changing parts out.
    Spent over $3k there a few years ago just to make it 100 miles down the road before same problem came back.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.