Can anyone tell me if FREIGHTBROKERBOOTCAMP is a scam or is it legit?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Barryd, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Barryd

Barryd Bobtail Member

Jun 25, 2013
    Ready to start my own business and become a broker, but I need legitimate traing without spending thousands!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2014
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Truck-N-Tech

Truck-N-Tech Medium Load Member

Sep 13, 2010
    I just did a quick search, and saw some bad signs. The name is all over the place, but mostly in websites that review scams. Even though these scam websites give the program good reviews, they all seem to be written by the same person. The wording used in the reviews seems to be the same in about 5 or 6 websites I looked at, that gave good reviews to the program.

The problem is that these days, it is so easy to have a bunch of domain names all owned by the same person. If they make up 25 different domain names for websites, and then pay a company for SEO (Search Engine Optimization), their reviews of their own product will be all you find on Google.

If you do decide to take a chance, do not pay the $98 it is being sold for. There was a site offering a deal for $49. If you are going to get scammed, at least it will be at half-price.

4. Richter

Richter Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Philadelphia Pa
    Yea, its a scam

TequilaSunrise Thanks this.
  5. slowdog61

slowdog61 Bobtail Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Indiana
    I almost went through them but I am training with www.Taltoa.com and I trust they are legit now I do not know how well it will help to get into brokering but a person needs to start somewhere.

DevilDog79 Thanks this.
  6. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    Right now, they all are suspect. You really only need this training if you are going on your own and you will need a $75K bond (hard to find a company that is still issuing $10k bonds these days). And without experience and history it is hard to get. And if you don't start it by Oct 1st then you are going to have to work for someone.

281ric and donkeyshow72 Thank this.
  7. BAYOU

BAYOU Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Beaumont,Tx
    Im thinking about letting mine go ive looked for someone for the office and 80% of the people just ant cut out for it im not making the $3,500 a year in profit to cover the cost on keeping it...

8. SamTheMan

SamTheMan Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2013
    rohan the spammer has been reported

9. allstarcalif

allstarcalif Bobtail Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Where did you see the one for $49 and how do I find it?

10. Barryd

Barryd Bobtail Member

Jun 25, 2013
    decided to pay the $2000
    and go to load Training School in Arizona

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  11. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    Why?!? Do you know nothing about trucking? You are going to have to work for someone and they will hire you and give you the same training regardless if you have paid this money. The new brokerage requirements should kill this type of business. Some will still do it but they are the ones that don't understand the business.

bds4206 and Lilbit Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.