Can I still get a driving job?

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by msbell, Jul 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msbell

msbell Bobtail Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Durant, OK
    I worked for a company for a year and a half, I got tired of 18 or more hour days. I had a job when i quit them, but my new company fired me because my former company reported i had 3 accidents, the next company I applied to told me my former company told me I had 4 accidents, the third company I applied to told me my former company reported I had 5 accidents. (I had 1). Nothing was reported on my dac. Is there anyone out there who will still hire me?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BooDawg

BooDawg Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Gurley,Al
    Something is very wrong here. someone is entering false information on your DAC or inaccurate info has been entered.You are intitled to one free copy a year or if unemployed .Look up usis reports and get info.down load a form to copy and mail in.You may have to find somebody to clear it for you.

4. Kansas

Kansas Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2009
    aircap, Ks.
    So how many accidents did you have? I guess that would be the biggest question.

5. msbell

msbell Bobtail Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Durant, OK
    I've had one accident. And depending on my former employers mood depends upon how many accidents they say i have had. Once company they told them I had 3, the next they said I had 5, the last one they said I had 4. Nothing has been reported to DAC. All companies told me that my dac was clean

6. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    It does not sound like it has anything to do with DAC. If it did the accident number would be the same. Sounds like when they are calling the former employer that they are just spouting off a number. Any number...:biggrin_2554:

7. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    Could also depend on the type of accident you suffered. What was it specifically?

8. joebear29

joebear29 Bobtail Member

May 11, 2009
    Henderson
    :biggrin_25525:Don't u give up just don't ,call dac and fine what's on your dac report.

9. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    It says nothing was reported on DAC, This is what the former employer is telling the potential employers when they call to do employment verification.....

10. vargagirl

vargagirl Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Guelph, Ontario
    Here's a silly question... is it possible to not give this company as a reference? If asked why, tell the truth, you quit and they took it hard?

11. msbell

msbell Bobtail Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Durant, OK
    well apparently the trucking companies must contact each other personally. so i have to give them permission to contact my last employer or i am unhireable. also i just found out i was banned permanently from another trucking message board for talking about this same subject. i didnt mention any names, ect.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.