Can someone help me make sense of this video about LP at US Xpress?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by expedite_it, Sep 22, 2020.

1. expedite_it

expedite_it Road Train Member

Sep 8, 2012
    There is a video on youtube about the Lease Purchase program at US Xpress. The video is titled "US Xpress Lease Purchase Program Truth Exposed". In the video, Mutha Trucker (sitting on the left part of the screen) interviews a guy he calls "My Truckers Keeper" (sitting on the right side of the screen). Mutha Trucker asks My Truckers Keeper the following: "What would be the cons of the lease purchase program with US Xpress?"

At 01:14 into the video, My Truckers Keeper responds "Uh, the cons....The number one con I would have to start out by saying, the whole program itself is from a business aspect is not a good deal. It's not a good deal at all."

At 05:00 into the video, Mutha Trucker says "So you were making in the seven hundreds as a company driver. My Truckers Keeper agrees, saying "Yep."

Mutha Trucker then says "You knew that the lease deal wasn't the best. But what were you making a week as a lease operator now?"

My Truckers Keeper says "Right now I'm actually on a dedicated account. It's a little bit different. It pays a little more."

Mutha Trucker says "Can you expose those numbers a little bit for us?"

"Yeah yeah...I'll expose the numbers, man. No problem. Um, so right now where I am at: I am making an average of close to between 22 to 24. On the low side 22. On the high side 24 on average. And that's consistent"

Mutha Trucker says "And that's after everything."

My Truckers Keeper says "That's after everything."

Mutha Trucker says "I'm doing the quick math. The man went from $700 a week take home to $2,200 per week take home. So in his situation, it seems like the lease purchase program through US Xpress was a strong money move."

Then My Truckers Keeper agrees that the lease purchase program was a strong money move, saying "Most definitely."

If the US XPress lease purchase program was "most definitely a strong money move", then how is the US Xpress Lease Purchase program not a good deal from a business aspect." There seems to be a contradiction here. What am I missing?

Here is a link to the video:

truckdriver31 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    Your missing, he’s on a dedicated run.
    Same thing guaranteed every week, not some dispatcher giving you 1-2 loads a week.

4. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    I would not recommend leasing a truck and then doing OTR. I did that early in my trucking career and just about went broke. Two exceptions would be if you had a good dedicated run. The other is if you were going to be a trainer.

expedite_it and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  5. GoneButNotForgotten

GoneButNotForgotten Heavy Load Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Roxboro, N.C.
    Just don't believe the $2200-$2400 a week after expenses. Dedicated account is usually not as good as a dedicated run. If his income was true drivers would be lining up to work for them as a LP. I suspect the true gross income is somewhere in the $1200-$1500 range.

alds and expedite_it Thank this.
  6. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    What you're missing is at the 9.50 mark where they start the pitch for the contact, so he can get his referral bonus.

alds, expedite_it and flood Thank this.
  7. expedite_it

Sep 8, 2012
    What is the difference between a dedicated account and a dedicated run?

I averaged at least $1200/week take home when i was a trainer at Covenant as a company driver.

8. expedite_it

Sep 8, 2012
    Well, i heard My Truckers Keeper say he was on dedicated, but i never would have thought in my wildest dreams that there would be such a giant difference (apparently a two-fold or three-fold difference) between dedicated lease purchase and non-dedicated lease purchase, so it did not occur to me that dedicated was the decisive factor i missed. My Truckers Keeper merely said dedicated lease purchase "pays a little more" than non-dedicated lease purchase.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  9. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Look guys, it's an infomercial.

Step 1 ... Denigrate existing products. lease is bad, company driver pay sucks ... Blah, blah. By the way he doesn't know crap about Swift's lease.

Step 2 ... But I have a great deal. It's wonderful and it could work for you. Great money and easy time off.

Step 3 ... The pitch. Want to know how to get in on this deal contact me and I can give you all the info you'll need ... IE how to make great money as a recruiter.

alds, flood, expedite_it and 1 other person Thank this.
  10. GoneButNotForgotten

GoneButNotForgotten Heavy Load Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Roxboro, N.C.
    But wait. If I act now can I get a second LP from USX for free if I just pay additional shipping charges?

MysticHZ Thanks this.
  11. expedite_it

Sep 8, 2012
    But were you on a lease to own lease purchase plan? Wouldn't the lease purchase program become VERY profitable AFTER one pays off the truck?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.