Can the dash from a 2015-2017 Cascadia fit the 2008-2014 model

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by rbrauns, Mar 15, 2020.

1. rbrauns

rbrauns Light Load Member

Dec 7, 2014
    I noticed that the newer 2015+ Cascadias have a different instrument cluster than the earlier models. The late model ones have a small information display showing mpg and other information like the Volvo 780 I once drove and has nicer looking gauges. Physically looks the same so can I upgrade the instrument cluster on my 2008 Cascadia to a newer one or is there a module somewhere that also has to be changed?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. QUALITYTRUCK

QUALITYTRUCK Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    No. Different ICU models. Will fit physically but wont work.

4. rbrauns

Dec 7, 2014
    Wow, thank you for the super quick response. So what if I grab the ICU (SAM module) from a 2015+ donor truck? Will that work? What about the different engines? I have a DDEC 6 Series 60 but all newer Cascadias are DD13/DD15.

5. QUALITYTRUCK

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
  6. rbrauns

Dec 7, 2014
    Well, I'm finally back online. I'm getting a lot of miles and decent paying loads so sorry for the late reply. You seem to know a lot about the Cascadias, so can I pick your brain for a bit?

I still want to upgrade my dash to have more instruments so what model years of Cascadia will work with my 2008 Cascadia?

I want oil temperature, turbo boost and maybe a pyro gauge. Right now, I just have the basic instrument cluster: air, fuel, water temp, oil pressure, suspension air pressure and of course tach and speedo. If I find a 2008-2010 Cascadia with these gauges, can I just plug them in?

I also want to know if I can do this:

It is another Francisco Amaya video showing how to add a manual fan switch to a later model Cascadia. Just plug P/N A06-53782-016 into the panel. Can I add this to my 2008? The previous owner has a goofy looking toogle switch to manually turn on the fan and I'd like the factory switch if possible.

Finally, can I move my 4 way hazard switch over to the right panel where the dome light switches are? I don't like how it is hidden behind the steering wheel.

Thanks for your help.

7. rbrauns

Dec 7, 2014
    Oh, one more question: can just the gauges from a later model Cascadia be transplanted? Most of the guages are 0-12V analog signal, so can I change the gauges but leave my existing wiring intact?

8. QUALITYTRUCK

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    Gauges should be plug and play

Motto Thanks this.
  9. rbrauns

Dec 7, 2014
  10. rbrauns

Dec 7, 2014
    Just a follow-up to this thread.

I moved the emergency flasher to the middle position so it is no longer hidden behind the steering wheel. All the wires go to this module so it must be the master module. The other modules plug into this one. I have all of the light switches on the right now. They are truly plug and play.

I moved the ATC and Regen switches to the first module behind the steering wheel. These switches are not plugged into the PCB like the other ones. They have are wired directly. I had to lengthen those 4 wires by 6" but everything works perfectly.

I also bought the manual fan switch and just plugged it in. It took the computer about 5 minutes to recognize that switch but it works. The only difference between the factory switch and the manual toggle switch is that the fan doesn't shut off right away when I turn it off. Takes about 5-10 seconds for the fan to turn off.

11. rbrauns

Dec 7, 2014
    Follow up to this thread. The manual fan switch still works but I'm getting a new failure code: SFU 164, SID 254, Fail 14.

I googled and the code points to the emergency switch module.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.