Can Truckers legally deliver Marijuana in states where it's legal

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by LimpyLegs, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Pumpkin Oval Head

Pumpkin Oval Head Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Scranton PA
    That was a funny movie....there were a lot of fokkers in it.

DSK333 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LimpyLegs

LimpyLegs Medium Load Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Midland,VA
    Move to "Questions from New Drivers"???

I've been driving truck for over 9 years now LMAO

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    People ask what did we do?

We run narcotics for McKesson in a Reefer, high dollar load.

Some of the looks we have gotten is priceless. Especially when you understand they don't know what the hell we are saying.

5. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    Or joints.
    I by no means endorse any behavior that endangers others.

6. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    8C81BFE6-1C5A-4649-9315-EEC22767B2B7.jpeg
    So Jeff Sessions found a new career after careful consideration:D

7. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

DC is weird on their weed rule.

You can only "gift" it. You can't "sell" it. So for example...you live or visit dc an you'd like to roll a joint, or whatever..You head to whatever store, pay whatever price for some item or another, an you get a "gift" with your purchase. Whatever item you buy..lets say..a vase. It'll be whatever the price is for the pot. let's go with 50 bucks. 50 bucks an you got a crappy vase, an a bag of weed. :) My sources include the link below, many others, several friends and family who still live in DC.

The Rolling Stone Guide to Legal Pot: Washington, D.C. – Rolling Stone

This is better then the old way. Hit up a open air drug market, an hope you get your pot an not robbed. An yes the open air markets were real for over 30 years. An yes the cops knew about it, an other then an occasional raid they never did anything about them either. I'm sure their still there, they just now sell something far worse then a bag pot.

There is a limit to on what you can grow there. Just like in Co and Wa. Most the weed sold legally or for medicinal is grown indoors. It's not hard to find this info, plenty of it out there freely available.

Pot industry isn't going anywhere. To much money in it.

I agree with others...I'd rather be around stoners then angry drunks who need to shoot #### up, fight, ##### and moan, all because they can't handle their beer(usually cheap ### beer no less), or liquor.

Clearly the world won't end with it being legal. Colorado and Washington, DC and countless other places who've legalized it or decriminalized it. Canada is still there an has yet to implode. Amsterdam...same thing.

So don't run off to the doom's day bunker when it finally is legal nationwide. ;)

Sirscrapntruckalot - I don't like intoxicated drivers of any kind. High, drunk, whatever. Gotta put this here for those that like to jump to conclusions.

okiedokie Thanks this.
  8. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    and truckers are a delight lol

WitchingHour Thanks this.
  9. WitchingHour

WitchingHour Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    I'm not siding with the prohibitionists... ####, I've banged rails, gotten dusted, tapped the vein... I'm not really in a particularly great position to make the virtues and morals argument here.
    I don't care if someone smokes a j or whatever... I live in Colorado, and plenty of people do who still remain responsible and productive and such. I just find stoner 'culture' the subcultural equivalent of nails scraping against a chalkboard.

Fair point.

Northeasterner and Jazz1 Thank this.
  10. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    When it comes to general drug use I also don't care. I just don't want the person driving me or piloting the aircraft I am in, or about to cut me open high. I think this is a fair position. Honestly I can't do any of those things legally. Losing my drivers license was one of the hardest things I have ever had to endure. There is still some debate on the long term use of wacky backy and to be honest I don't care either way. However until the Feds make up their minds how they are going to play this using this drug will get you disqualified if you pop a positive. It is what it is. As to "deliveries" I will leave that up to the DEA to decide. It is tough enough as it is just being Moose1958.

11. Northeasterner

Northeasterner Medium Load Member

Apr 1, 2018
    "Upper Tier". Heh...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.