Can you run ELDs off a 1995 N-14 Cummins

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by tommymonza, Aug 17, 2018.

1. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    Found a older International that has some miles on it but it is one owner with records.

Would like to Lease on with LandStar in another 6 months or if they won't allow this old of a truck I want to lease on with someone else for a while .

I only have 6 months experience so far, so my lease on options are probably very limited until I get a year in.

The company I work for as a company man runs Elogs, and was thinking of leasing on with with them for a bit , but I think they want Elogs on their lease ons since they Self insure.

Was looking for a 2000-2003 truck but this one I kinda stumbled upon and it is close and has lots of records along with looking worn but well maintained.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RSB34

RSB34 Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2013
    ny.
    I am pretty sure you can. Is there a plug under the dash?

tommymonza Thanks this.
  4. Call_Me_The_Breeze

Call_Me_The_Breeze Medium Load Member

Dec 30, 2015
    What RSB34 said. If it has a computer diagnostic port, It can be done. It is purely a matter of being able to plug into the vehicle speed sensor signal. Just stick with mainstream apps / devices like QualComm / PeopleNet, or my personal favorite, BigRoad. It has the ability to email or fax logs straight from the app.

tommymonza Thanks this.
  5. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    Thanks Guys. Appreciate it.

Call_Me_The_Breeze Thanks this.
  6. Call_Me_The_Breeze

Call_Me_The_Breeze Medium Load Member

Dec 30, 2015
    BTW - BigRoad CAN do without the little dongle for the dash plug-in. The basic version uses GPS on smartphone or tablet to determine when the truck is moving.

tommymonza Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.