Canadian good and bad trucking companies

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by angry_trucker, May 22, 2010.

1. Brucesmith

Brucesmith Heavy Load Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Knucklbum: I appreciate your comments! Thanks!! I can never understand that in some provinces trucking companies can do their own provincial inspections. These should be done by 3rd party facilities. Fox is guarding the hen house!

knucklebum Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Patco Transportation

Patco Transportation Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2013
    If any O/O are looking for a company give Patco Transportation in Ayr Ont a call, we run strictly U.S. steady work mostly LTL can be labour intensive blanket wrap and floor loaded product. Weekly lanes are Eastern seaboard GA,FL,TX,CA. Would like a few extra Drivers to run NYC also. If interested call us at 800-557-2826 ask for Brad or Mike.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    dancecanyon Thanks this.
  4. supernova

supernova Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Calgary AB
    What did you write on your pre trip inspection before you left from New Brunswick To Ontario .

5. oldfart123

oldfart123 Bobtail Member

May 14, 2014
    Re: the lost mud flap. I worked for Manitoulin for 4 years and learned very quickly that you must report even the slightest damage (even sctraches)to any equipment b4 leaving the yard or it will be blamed on you. This is all in an attempt to prevent you from recieving a safety bonus. This company wastes more time tracking down a simple scratch, probably done by a shunt driver, than you can imagine.

6. kissdemon

kissdemon Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2014
    Does anyone have an opinion on Kelsey Trail Trucking out of Innisfil, Ontario? (near Barrie) I saw a couple of negative comments on the internet but I understand that every company is going to have some pissed off ex-employees. They sound like a good company on the surface.

7. Prairie Boy

Prairie Boy Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Edmonton, AB
    Grizzly1221 Thanks this.
  8. kissdemon

kissdemon Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2014
  9. Prairie Boy

Prairie Boy Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Edmonton, AB
    KELSEY IN sASK. HAS BEEN AROUND SINCE 1981.

Grizzly1221 Thanks this.
  10. LadyWheels

LadyWheels Bobtail Member

Jun 15, 2014
    Cambridge Ontario
    Eldorado was bought out by MTS out of Grand Rapids MI. Occasionally you'll see an MTS truck hauling an old Eldorado (or Silverado in an effort to get around Eldorado's poor safety record) trailer.

11. Ian Bussey

Ian Bussey Bobtail Member

Jun 15, 2014
    Guelph, On. Canada
    I got my license with Manitoulin in 2000. Its a great training ground because of the speed limit and the veteran drivers willing to help educate the newbie.
    The forklift operators are paid a bonus for on time loading and no damage. Speed is of the essence. At least thats the way it used to be. U took ur life in ur hands walking across the dock. Lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.