Cancer treatment experiances.

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Oldironfan, Jul 4, 2018.

1. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    if so...prognosis is good!!!

Extranodal Involvement - Prognosis. ... Sometimes a lymphoma that is confined to the lymph nodes is more treatable and has a more favorable prognosis than lymphoma that has spread outside of the lymph nodes.Jun 15, 2018

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    Sorry i just realized what i typed earlier could have been taken the wrong way. I meant don’t waste time waiting to get the treatments, was not trying to suggest that getting treatments would be a waste of time.

I haven’t had all my coffee yet so the brain is still at half speed lol.

VIDEODROME, JReding, IluvCATS and 3 others Thank this.
  4. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    If getting medications follow the doctors orders completely and get off the fake food that is so easy to be had in this country. And eliminate high fructose corn syrup and all they different names they have for that drug that hooks many completely.

JReding, Oldironfan and IluvCATS Thank this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    It can cause cervical cancer in women that have unprotected sex with men that have the virus.
    When I was living overseas in China, every time I renewed my visa, had to get a simple physical and they always checked for STD's. If I had tested positive, they wouldn't have renewed my visa. They take that very seriously because it's a worldwide problem.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    Maj. Jackhole, Kyle G. and Oldironfan Thank this.
  6. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    HPV is a very odd thing. They do not even have a standard way to test men for it.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Farrah Fawcett died from anal cancer caused by the virus. It's suspected that her live-in partner, Ryan O'Neil infected her with the virus.
    "Fawcett was diagnosed with anal cancer in 2006, and she died three years later at age 62. The 2009 NBC documentary Farrah's Story chronicled her battle with the disease."
    upload_2018-7-4_11-58-0.jpeg

8. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    I was diagnosed with stage 4 non-Hodgkins lymphoma back in 2003 and I’m still around with no recurrence (knock on wood). F your job, take a leave of absence and take care of what you need to do. It literally is life or death.

No matter what your medical expenses end up, they can’t take what you don’t have. Just set up a payment plan even if it’s only $100 a month. Medical bills don’t draw interest like a credit card.

Best of luck.

Kyle G., VIDEODROME and Oldironfan Thank this.
  9. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
    Well ####. Pray to God to see if that helps. Or chemo?
    Does it run in DNA?
    Is it care of self?
    Or is it combination of things?
    Many things to read on the web.
    Some days you need to hit rock bottom, to look at the way up.

How does one keep driving so far from family, when things are not good at home? When your feel there is no reason to be driving a truck, so far away?
    Time is the holder of all answers.

10. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
    You are kick ###!

11. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    One piece of advice i insist on giving: don’t believe everything you see and hear on the internet. There are so many crackpots out there who claim to have all the answers, and there is a lot of contradictory advice. But here’s the thing that I learned... Those crackpots tend to lump everything together. They lump all types of cancer together and lump all types of treatments together and they say something like, “the treatments do more damage than the cancer.” Ok... but the truth is all types of cancer are different, everyone’s bodies handle the cancer differently. Everyone’s bodies handle the treatments differently.

I survived cancer. I survived chemo. I am alive and well. And it wasn’t a fraction as bad as the youtube crazies would have you believe. Don’t get me wrong, it was awful at the time, but once it was over I bounced back pretty quick.

My point is, just listen to your doctor. Trust your doctor. Let your doctor look at the facts and plan a course of treatment. If you don’t trust your doctor then get a new one.

I hope things turn around for you and your family. I don’t know you but i promise you have support from me and a lot of other good people on this forum.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.