Cant pass an inspection poem

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by CATastrophic, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Muddydog79

Muddydog79 Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2016
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CATastrophic

CATastrophic Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2019
    It stands for anti lock brake system. It's a warning light. If its lit going down the road, you got issues with it. That's my understanding, but I'm sure other more educated and experienced drivers could elaborate.

4. Muddydog79

Muddydog79 Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2016
    I was being sarcastic lol, sorry. Couple other posters on this thread aughta cut u some slack. Talking bout pretrip and all that, lol give me a break.

5. CATastrophic

Jan 16, 2019
    Ok. Thought maybe you had an older truck. That's just human nature to be that way. Just gotta know how to respond accordingly and not let it get to you.

Muddydog79 Thanks this.
  6. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    I feel for you @CATastrophic. I understand your pain. I haven’t had the inspections, but my first year with the truck was a cluster. I don’t think i ever had a day off, if i wasn’t driving i was wrenching.

I am glad that i have now work all the kinks out of this truck. She runs great and is very reliable. The first year not so much. Air line here, fuel line there, air bag here, starter, batteries, coolant/heater hoses, etc... it seems never ending. What you are dealing with is the neglect of the previous owner. You’ll work yourself through it. You’ll get to that point where you can park at the end of the day and go to bed dreaming of hot chicks on a beach, instead of scraped knuckles & bloody hands from impossible to reach bolts.

7. CATastrophic

Jan 16, 2019
    Thanks for the encouragement. Yeah, just in 6 months I've replaced all the tires, had an injector seal fixed, had a busted turbo, had a bolt broke off in turbo mount twice which was warranty work, replaced a hub seal on the trailer plus new pads on same wheel, installed a new light cord end and the biggie: put on a new head. Hence my name : CATastrophic. Lots and lots of $$ but I'm still out here.

8. dibstr

dibstr Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Mississippi
    But yet he did just that!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.