Car Hauler

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by TruckerVinny, Feb 13, 2018.

1. TruckerVinny

TruckerVinny Medium Load Member

Dec 10, 2015
    Ohio
    I was interested in a business for sale, a truck and seven car hauler. I've been driving for a few years doing van, reefer and currently, bulk. My question to any O/O that operates a business like this, how hard is it to find loads? My guess would be Carmax or other auctioneer sites. Are these loads, being a niche, on a certain board?

I've ran businesses before, not trucking but I have a good grasp on business. Advice on the business with specific points on the car hauling would be greatly appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    You should probably move this to the car carrier forum. Or ask a mod to do it. A bunch of car hauler O/O over there. And just my opinion but buying a truck and trailer and learning the trucking business and learning to haul cars at the same time is going to be a big undertaking! Learning to haul cars alone usually takes most people a good bit of time (it ain't as easy as most of us make it look). Good luck!!

TruckerVinny Thanks this.
  4. TruckerVinny

TruckerVinny Medium Load Member

Dec 10, 2015
    Ohio
    Thanks @BigBob410

I didn't realize there is a separate forum for car haulers,

BigBob410 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.