Car Hauling Dispatchers??

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by RoadKingbabe33, May 8, 2018.

1. RoadKingbabe33

RoadKingbabe33 Bobtail Member

May 5, 2018
    Trying to find some good Car hauling dispatch companies... Any recommendations? So far I have Reliable Auto Dispatch Services; does anyone use them? Let me know please!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kozakvod

Kozakvod Medium Load Member

Jan 24, 2013
    I’ll offer up my thoughts to you. Years ago when I first got into the business I used a dispatch service, didn’t really know any better. I would never again use that type of service.

As an O/O, I found the best way to build your business is this:

1) Don’t toss good money after bad. Meaning you will work hard for what you make. And paying someone to do what you can do yourself is a waste.

2) Initially be willing to do and go where others will not. Those out of normal lanes will pay you, but like all things there’s a trade off.

3) If you say you’re going to do it, do it! Be dependable. If you’re not, just go to The Home Depot for a job, don’t bother with this you won’t make it.

4) Pick up ON TIME, deliver ahead of schedule. You’ll be remembered!

5) Treat your equipment better than you treat yourself. Without dependable equipment, don’t bother, you’ll go broke.

6) Don’t carry more than you can hold. Treat your equipment well. Overloading leads to fines and junkie equipment, very quickly.

7) Stay WAY ON TOP of your paperwork. Don’t put it off or you’ll be under the gun. Bookkeeping pays your bills and YOU, don’t neglect it. Maintain a good 3-ring binder of all necessary operational docs for the road. If DOT has to wait on you to pull paperwork out of your junkie clutter glove box, it won’t end well for you.

8) Stay neat, stay clean. Don’t walk into a customers business nasty greasy smelly. Keep your equipment clean. When you open your door for a DOT officer dont let trash fall out on their feet, you’ll regret that you did. If you’re clean, respectful, clean truck trailer inside and out things will go much better. Show them you care more than they do.

9) Don’t assume everything is okay with your load. If you have a weird feeling about something, STOP get out and check. You’d be surprised how many times you’ll save your back side!

10) Be respectful of others. You’re not the only one on the road, at the auctions, whatever/wherever.

Thats all for now. Others can add to the list. But don't be like so many that come on here asking for info and then not like the info you’re given. Experience is the only thing you can depend on. Many MANY have more than me.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.