Carefully inspect money you find on the ground!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by drivingmissdaisy, Jan 2, 2020.

1. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    OMFG! A few days ago I found a 20 dollar bill on the ground at a truck stop. Folded up and soaking wet from rain all night I managed to salvage it, sorda. Well fast forward to today and I decided to use it at a toll booth in West Virginia. I give it to the guy he looks at it and I told him its real its just been wet and run over by cars. He calls someone out, they come out and put the pen to it and can't decide if its real. They take it inside and the next thing I know is the guy is telling me to pull ahead and park they are calling a state trooper. I was like WTF.

A half hour later the trooper shows up and she was like "So whats up with the money?" I said I found it at a truck stop a few days ago on the ground and here is proof. I just so happened to have sent a pic of it to my dispatcher and said "look what I found on the ground at a truck stop!" with a picture of the exact same 20 dollar bill. What I had never bothered to do was READ THE WORDS ON THE BILL. The front was very heavily damaged from vehicle traffic but the BACK was fairly undamaged.I checked the serial number, about the only thing still readable on the front and it was fairly close to another 20 dollar bill I had in my wallet. Come to find out on the back where it would normally say "United States of America" it said "For use in motion pictures only" but in the EXACT same font as the real bill so if you just glance at the back it looked real UNTIL YOU READ THE WORDS.

Dude that bill looked ***king real. She was real cool and laughed about it and said she sees it all the time. She told me to have a great day and was gone by the time I climbed back in my truck.

I attached a photo of the bill I took for my dispatcher. Just glancing at it it looks real to me.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Use it for tip money.

Badmon, Aamcotrans, Ffx95 and 13 others Thank this.
  4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i once found a diamond ring in the walmart parking lot. ...wife called me a cheap prink....she said it came from the gumball machine. i laughed...she threw a brick at me.....:biggrin_25522:

5. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    She took it.

6. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    oh, so she was "on the take".......can't trust anyone these days.

7. Mountaintrucker4302

Mountaintrucker4302 Light Load Member

Sep 21, 2015
    GA
    Thats just bad.:biggrin_25523:

Badmon, Dale thompson, MOBee and 5 others Thank this.
  8. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That’s better than writing “don’t eat crackers in bed” on a napkin and leaving that. :D

9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I used to by packages of this stuff and bring back to the states.
    Why do Chinese people burn money for the Chinese New Year ...
    https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100103142744AASs3ok
    Jan 03, 2010 · Since Chinese New Year is a big holiday (similar to Christmas in the States), it is not unusual to burn spirit money at that time as "gifts" to those who have already died. It's against the law to burn real money, so fake money is used.
    [​IMG]
    Lot lizards will take it! "Is this money real?" "Yes, take it to the bank tomorrow and they'll exchange it for American money."
    Probably can buy it in various China Towns across the USA. I'll check next time I'm in Chinatown Las Vegas. Know for sure I'll get a few packages in China next summer.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  10. Hazmat Cat

Hazmat Cat Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2019
    10 plus years ago a guy gave me a $50. It felt like it had been washed several times. I held it up to the light to read the strip inside the bill and it read FIVE FIVE FIVE.

11. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    6 years ago there was a family renting an old farm house about 1/8 mile down the road from me. They didnt quite fit in to the country life out here. ( too kept looking like city country clubbers if you know what i mean) they were only there maybe 3 or 4 months. The FBI busted them for counterfeiting. 3 weeks later i was cutting hay and found a rolled $20 on ground between the road and fence line. With all that happened out here we didn't trust it one bit. We took it to the bank and it turned out to be real! They didnt blame us for bringing it in and even exchanged it for a brand new shinney one. Lol.

MACK E-6, jamespmack, dosgatos and 5 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.