Carefully inspect money you find on the ground!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by drivingmissdaisy, Jan 2, 2020.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I can tell instantly the bill itself is not real. I keep a pen that tints bad bills.

Some of the things that go into American money is cotton textured paper, if you examine it like 2 inches away from your eye you will identify red, black and other particles in that cotton paper used to make real dollars.

I ran into a problem for two years here when people were passing counterfiet bills, I remember one that was stamped motion picture use only instead of the Silver certificate or Federal Reserve Note in the top line. Otherwise the bill appeared real. But was not again the correct paper and was a little thicker from two sides glued back to back.

You call the secret service via the Federal Marshals service when you acquire bills that are not real. Then explain to them how or who and where it came from such as a store cashier. They are tasked with investigating outbreaks of counterfeit money and act really fast to collect it before much damage is done.

My bank does a good job when they take a shipment of new dollars prior to payday each week.

Rideandrepair and Upinsmoke Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    many counterfeit $100 bills were printed in former SU countries during 90s-2000s …

Rideandrepair and Upinsmoke Thank this.
  4. Upinsmoke

Upinsmoke Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2019
    :laughing3::laughing3::laughing3::sign3::sign3::sign3:

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I remember that; truckloads of those bills. North Korea spent a lot of them. Drug smugglers paid for plane loads of drugs in South America with those.

Upinsmoke, mhyn and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  6. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Love thy waitress.

Chinatown and Upinsmoke Thank this.
  7. Cabinover101

Cabinover101 Heavy Load Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Across the front top you can read motion picture purpose only, but I have never personally seen these so kinda looked real. Jackson's face looks a little off but was kinda hard to tell

Upinsmoke Thanks this.
  8. MOBee

MOBee Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2014
    Yes, I thought his smile was rather smug.

Badmon, Cabinover101 and Upinsmoke Thank this.
  9. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    I found a wallet in the parking lot of a Pilot in Junction TX, turned it in including the money inside, don't know how much did not count it. About 2 hours later some guy was banging on my door, gave 100 bucks for turning in his wallet.

And yea money on the ground I would turn in also, if I lost it sure would be glad to get it back. My wife dropped money at Walmart once, and she when she checked someone had turned it in.

Just say in back to if it's not yours.... Doing the right thing when nobody will know is when it counts ..

10. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    Give it to government worker. Government constantly ticks you in the ###, time to #### them back

11. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

One of North Korea's larger sources of income is counterfeiting US $100 bills. The US Secret Service calls the NK $100s "Supernotes". NK has more or less bought the same paper, machines, and inks as the US uses for real $100 notes. There are just a few people inside the Secret Service that can tell the difference between the US and the NK $100.

I used to work at a liquor store. On occasion I had to make the bank deposit. One Saturday the bank found that one of the $20s in the store deposit was counterfeit. They just reduced the deposit amount by $20. I had to get them to give me a letter saying the bank took the fake money so my boss wouldn't think I stole $20 from the deposit.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.