Carhaul job available - did I choose a bad broker?

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by mamaem, Aug 8, 2020.

1. mamaem

mamaem Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2020
    I hope this post catches the eye of someone who can offer me some advice.

I'm a mom who bought a passenger van (Nissan NV) last week to carry all my kids. My budget was real tight, so I bought a used one from out of state. I thought I had done my research well enough to make sure there would be a way that I could get it shipped from the dealership (in Fort Smith, AR), to where I live (in Seattle, WA).

I signed up with a broker that I thought seemed good: National Express Auto Transport.

I'm not trying to lowball anyone. I have a lot of respect for truckers and want to offer a good price for my job. It should be listed on Central Dispatch right now (can anyone see it?), and I think the broker said something like $1500 would go to the trucker.

It's about 2100 miles. Should I up my offer? I really need this car hauled to me, and I'm happy to pay whatever the going rate is.

Should I change the destination and try to meet the trucker someplace else? Are y'all avoiding coming to Seattle?

Should I find a different broker (and if so, who can I choose that treats O/Os well?)?

Thanks for any advice!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2020
    Reason for edit: Solicitation removed
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cowboyrich

Cowboyrich Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Dayton, Washington
    Pre6much everyone is avoiding Seattle and Portland until the governors and mayors decide to stop the BS. The other questions I cant answer (I'm not a driver).
    But I do have a question...if you're in Washington why did you buy car in Arkansas? Personally I buy nothing unseen. Just my opinion.

mamaem Thanks this.
  4. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    I purchased a 2016 Mustang in 2017 online without seeing it and i've still got it today. Only major work i've done to it is put a water pump on it, other than wear and tear.

mamaem Thanks this.
  5. mamaem

mamaem Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2020
    Thank you for your reply! I realize how risky it was to buy something out of state like that, but I was in a bind with having outgrown my current minivan and needing some very specific parameters for my next vehicle. I'm not worried about the vehicle itself, based on the research I did about this particular one (records, inspected, etc).

What I didn't anticipate, though, was that nobody would be willing to drive to Seattle! I can totally understand where truckers would be coming from with that, and just need to figure out what I can do to make it worth it for an O/O to bring it out this way.

Maybe I should try to offer meeting the trucker someplace they'd be more comfortable going?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.