Carleton Transport Gretna, NE?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Fester69, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Fester69

Fester69 Light Load Member

Oct 19, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Got an interview with these guys after Christmas. All I found searching was one unhappy driver from 6 years ago. Anyone gotany insight on them? I got about 15 months in with the mega I started out with. I hope the next place I work is somewhere I want to stay awhile. Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Be thankful there isn't bad reviews on this company.But try googling the reviews and see what you come up with.

gpsman and Fester69 Thank this.
  4. Fester69

Oct 19, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Still cant come up with anything. bbb gives em an A- but they have no complaints. I guess no news is good news. Gonna watch this thread up to my interview and see if anything comes up.

5. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    well there are plenty of opportunities in Omaha

6. Fester69

Oct 19, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    There are for sure. I just need to find one that is right for me. Biggest issue on my end is I need to be home weekly to keep the woman happy. I want to make the right decision cause Im not one to job hop. If you got anyh suggestions on a company I would be all ears.

7. Fester69

Oct 19, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Figured id give this a bump to see if i can catch some info on this company.

8. TwoCoins

TwoCoins Bobtail Member

Sep 30, 2015
  9. Rusty1

Rusty1 Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2016
    Don't waste your time with these clowns. They paint a petty picture, then after a month or so it all goes to #### and you never know when you are coming or going and the miles drop. Plus they got a big mouth broad in the office that all she does is run her mouth and cause problems.

10. Husker65

Husker65 Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Carleton Transport In Gretna, NE Has A Very High Turnover Rate Because The Owner's Son Who Runs The Company Is A Jerk. Their Recruiting Promises Are Only Good For Two Months, Then Everything Goes Down The Toilet And Changes. Pay Is Bad Too, Crete Carrier Pays 52 Cents Per Mile, They Only Pay 38-40 CPM, Which Was The Going Rate 15 Years Ago.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  11. Lot Dog

Lot Dog Bobtail Member

Oct 1, 2018
    Carleton is a well established, second generation family owned and operated company. There is no PERFECT company to drive for. I firmly believe your attitude and work ethic will determine your success or failure with a company. Brit and his team are progressive in moving the company to new heights. We are a dry bulk transporter and only operate Pneumatic tankers. Our driver experience ranges from CDL school graduates to 30 year plus Sage drivers. The tanker and you are one. It requires your supervision during operation. It also requires physical work, so sitting during tank operation is not normal or desired. I have been with this company for a number of years and I am constantly learning new things. Typically the work week is Monday through Friday - OTR. Some drivers seek additional work on the weekends. I have seen drivers come and go for various reasons. This work is not for all. You have to be flexible, have a good attitude, a good work ethic and you should be in reasonable good health.

bzinger Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.