Carriers with OTR Straight Truck Services

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by ntaylorsiu, Sep 20, 2017.

1. ntaylorsiu

ntaylorsiu Bobtail Member

May 5, 2014
    Chicago, IL
    Hi all,

I have a new project running round-trip loads between Houston/Milwaukee - aircraft parts. I have been looking at 53 dry van pricing from the major carriers/brokers but am also interested in non-expedited and expedited straight truck options. Anyone know of any companies that offer OTR straight truck services?

Thanks in advance

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  4. ntaylorsiu

May 5, 2014
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks, our account manager at ArcBest gave us some rates but they were pretty pricey, the Panther option was fine for the expedited option but they didn't seem to have a non-expedited straight truck rate. XPO wouldn't even quote the straight truck option but they gave us dry van rates. Still waiting to hear back from Forward Air but I can't seem to find much on the straight truck options which admittedly I haven't needed to use ever.

5. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Straight truck prices are going to be the same as truckload. Straights are considered expedite, regardless if it's at truckload speed. In fact, straight expedite would probably be more.

Mattflat362 Thanks this.
  6. ntaylorsiu

May 5, 2014
    Chicago, IL
    Much appreciated - wasn't sure if there were any Houston/Chicago/Milwaukee based niche carriers that would be able to give any better pricing than a full van. Guess I'll stick with comparing truckload teams/singles. Thanks again!

Knucklehead Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.