Carrying firearms in a truck

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by GasHauler, Mar 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    How many times do y'all have to 'splain it?:biggrin_25521:

Bottom line.
    Thanx otr500. :yes2557:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. trucker3573

trucker3573 Light Load Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Well ####...then how about this........get a felony gun charge and see how many companies will hire you! Wont matter wether you still have a cdl or not.

4. trucker3573

trucker3573 Light Load Member

Nov 1, 2009
    My point....if you are carrying a handgun improperly that is a ####### felony....a ####### felony i guarantee you. Not trying to say there is a federal law against carrying in a CMV. Saying you had better know what you are doing when you do it or you could wind up with felony weapon charges.

5. grizzly

grizzly Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Layton, Ut
    If you transport your firearm in a safe with the ammo separate you are going to be ok in any state.

6. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    LOCK THIS OUT ALREADY!:biggrin_2551: circles and circles and circles!

7. englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Chilhowie, VA
    Trucker3573 ####!

All you are doing is speculating so you can lure someone into an argument. You can interpret the laws however you wish... the fact is they are what they are. You can carry and be 100% legal in all states so long as you follow the rules that apply. For christs sake you are arguing that the sky is not blue when the rest of the sane world KNOWS it is!

outerspacehillbilly Thanks this.
  8. 1badz28

1badz28 Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2008
    savannah georgia
    no mention yet as to carrying a bow since this is not a firearm would it be cosiderd a deadly weapon. thus it not being able to be transported. i am pretty accurate with one there are several dead deer to attest to that. if someone was trying to get nto my truck i think they would think twice with a broad tip staring them in the face. any body know if they are legal to carry on your truck?

9. englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Chilhowie, VA
    You are wasting your time with this one. I am a bow hunter and even if you possessed a crossbow, the amount of room you have to draw or #### it is too tight. If you are worried about self defense, get a pistol. You are legal so long as you follow the state guidelines. Go back and read, there are multiple postings of the laws pertaining to the transportation of a firearm. Now if you are a company driver and your company does not allow it, it is up to you to choose to obey their rules of employment. If they find out you have one and terminate, they can post that in your DAC and if another company has the same rule they may choose to pass you over. As for my company, I encourage the drivers to carry so long as they have a valid CWP issued from their state of residence.

outerspacehillbilly Thanks this.
  10. Therealblacksheep

Therealblacksheep Bobtail Member

Nov 16, 2009
    virginia
    you probably shouldn't talk about things you know nothing about. "the average gun owner" as you call them know more about the constitution than you'll ever know. Thats the sad part. The real truth is that guns are used to SAVE lives at least 2.5 million times a year. Carry laws are generally unconstitutional, in ALL 50 states, if you understand the 10th ammendment. I have been driving in class since 1985, and have seen MANY times when the use of a gun would have been legal,warranted, and justified. The worst areas of this country, from a criminal activity standpoint, are those areas that severely restrict lawful citizens owning and carrying guns. Reality , its a ######

Baack Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.