Cascadia 2008 vibration-bouncing issue (cant sleep on the road!!)

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by Emilie6566, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Emilie6566

Emilie6566 Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Hi, there's a major vibrstion going on in my truck when on highway faster than 60mph. Freightliner cascadia 2008. Try to balance tire, alligne all wheels, check suspension valve a d driveshaft joint , even flip super single tire on drive... Still vibrating-bouncing a lot, hard to sleep when co-driver drive on highway. Vibration look like its comming and going from front to back... Or side to side, not sure ... Clues?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Worthken

Worthken Light Load Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Delmas South Africa
    Have you checked the engine mountings?

4. Larryparker

Larryparker Medium Load Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Boynton beach, FL
    I have a 2009 Cascadia, and I have similar problems, although sometime the ride is as smooth as glass. The passenger side cabinet stacks shakes so much I think its going to come down, I too have done the wheel balance and 5 axel alingments, please post if you find out the problem.

Thanks and safe miles,

Larry

5. Giggles the Original

Giggles the Original Road Train Member

not being rude....but its cuz y'all have freightliners....sorry but the truth.....drove a NEW one at the beg of the year...same issues....will NEVER drive one again...quit a company making .42 a mile because we COULDNT sleep with all the rattle and noise etc....

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  6. kw600

kw600 Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    everywhere,usa
    Try getting a new mattress, will absorb the bouncing impact, worked for us in kw

7. freightrunner

freightrunner Heavy Load Member

Mar 25, 2012
    Georgia
    The older Freightliners aren't bad...

8. sbaumann14

sbaumann14 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Rhinelander, WI
    check kingpins....then move on to the u joints. any irregular tire wear? when u stop to fuel, touch all the axle shaft faces (the ones bolted in at your lugnuts), is one warmer than the others? (wheel bearing). any slack in your 5th wheel? 5th wheel well greased? tire out of round? mismounted? there are so many things that it could be, elliminate them one by one and you'lll find it

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  9. Giggles the Original

not being rude, but i have driven almost 22 yrs.....and have driven the older freightliners too....yeah they are...LOL its still a freightliner...they all rattle, shake, they got the name freightshaker for a reason....

Raiderfanatic Thanks this.
  10. IceCreator

IceCreator Medium Load Member

Jul 3, 2012
    How are they still in business if all they do is shake? Im sure some models of trucks are just as cheap as a FL.

11. Giggles the Original

thats a good question...LOL, they are inexpensive trucks...thats how....do a price comparison on a new ftlnr versus a new W900L KW....or a 389 Pete....see what you come up with..havent priced lately but would guess about a $50.000 difference....they are ok trucks to run solo in i guess...but for a team..NO WAY...been there, done that...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.