CAT engine plate location

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Grumman, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Grumman

Grumman Light Load Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Locust Grove, GA
    Okay, simple question here, but I'm kinda OCDish. I have a 95 3406E in a glider. All the original stickers and/or plates were removed prior to the rebuild apparently. In light of the guidance put forth by the FMCSA regarding enigine manu. date I thought it might be wise to have some kind of info plate on the engine incase anyone questioned the engine at roadside. So I ordered and received a set of stickers and a stamped metal plate from CAT. Tried digging up pictures from the web but not having too much success. Does anyone know the proper locations to apply these stickers and plate on the engine? Guess I could always go back to the CAT dealer, but I figured I'd ask here first.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    I have seen them on the rocker cover, side of the head or also on the oil cooler.

Grumman and SAR Thank this.
  4. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Stickers go on top of the valve cover and on the oil cooler. The plate on mine was on the valve cover also.

Grumman and SAR Thank this.
  5. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    Plate can also go under the exhaust manifold between 5 and 6 cylinder. I have seen them in all the places listed

Grumman, SAR and Oxbow Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.