Caught on Click! Cameras Nab Speeders

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by Cybergal, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Cybergal

Cybergal Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Caught on Click! Cameras Nab Speeders
    1/31/08

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. prisonerofthehwy

prisonerofthehwy <strong>Ball and Chains</strong>

Sep 30, 2007
    Somerset Kentucky
    My exwife got nabbed by a Camera in Denver for running a red light.:biggrin_2559:

4. Cybergal

Cybergal Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2008
    WOW in that VIDEO this DUDE was doing like 130mph in a 65 mph zone or something!!:biggrin_25524:

5. danedwards51

danedwards51 Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Libby,Mt
    I guess if they send you a pic of your car speeding, maybe you could send them a pic of the money order for the amount owed..LOL

volvodriver01 Thanks this.
  6. Reby

Reby Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Springfield Oregon
    Funny story about these camera's. When cities first launched the camera's back in the early 90's they had a guy that was caught speeding and in the mail he got a photo of him in his car along with a speeding ticket for $80.00. Instead of just paying the fine the driver thought he would make a joke and took a photo of $80.00 cash and mailed the photo along with the ticket to the police. A week later he got another letter from the police station but this time the envelope contained a photo of handcuffs. The speeder quickly sent off a check to pay his fine.

That story always made me laugh. I don't know if its true or not but it is still funny.

Pumpkin Oval Head Thanks this.
  7. 379 Peterbilt

379 Peterbilt Medium Load Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Wisconsin
    I remember that one as well. Photo copy of the money- Hilarious!! [​IMG]

8. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    They use the red light scameras (not a typo) in Baltimore city as well. What they don't tell you is that they often change the timing of the yellow lights at the intersections with the scameras to a time impossible to stop in even below the posted speed limit.

Well, the scameras do have a benefit. Those tickets, as opposed to one received from a police officer, don't go on your record. Also, if you drive a pickup truck, leave your tailgate down. That way, the scamera can't see your license plate.

9. CMoore2004

CMoore2004 Road Train Member

Nov 2, 2007
    OTR
    I'm sure one took my pic in the truck the other day. I started to slow down but knew I couldn't make it so I just floored it. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if I get something in the mail. And at that particular light, I have no problem believing they changed the timing and have a guy sitting there with a button that reads "Semi at point of no return".

10. EZX1100

EZX1100 Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Maryland delegate proposes penalty to camera company for bogus tickets

By Reed Black, Land Line Now staff reporter

In Maryland, a state lawmaker figures that if drivers have to pay a penalty when they're caught by a speed camera, the private company that operates the camera should have a pay a penalty if it issues a mistaken ticket.

For each mistaken ticket, Delegate Jon Cardin is proposing a $1,000 penalty for both the camera company and the city it's operating in.

Cardin says there have been lots of bogus tickets issued, some of them to truckers.

"We had a situation where a speed camera on Cold Spring Lane in Baltimore City was giving violations out to truckers who were obviously incapable of going beyond a 35- or 40-mile an hour speed limit just based on the fact that the road wouldn't permit that," Cardin told "Land Line Now."

"And you could obviously see that they were not going over the speed limit based on the two double time stamped pictures," he added.

Cardin hopes the Maryland legislature will take up his bill when the session begins next month.

Copyright © OOIDA

http://www.landlinemag.com/Story.aspx?StoryID=24549

11. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012

Sioux City IA was having an issue with their camera. I fought it with the EOBR record showing I was at 56 in a 55 at the same time and place their camera said I was going 65 in a 55.

After 2 weeks, I found out they had a ton of tickets in a short window they were having to figure out what to do.

Nobody notified the public and the media refused to report on it.

Their excuse? Qualcomm legal threatened a lawsuit if they used their name because their system is not designed or capable of detecting and recording speed....

:biggrin_2556:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.