CB on a 2019 International LT?

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by TurtlesLikeI, Sep 13, 2019.

1. TurtlesLikeI

TurtlesLikeI Light Load Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Nevada
    I've never had a CB before and I'm becoming increasingly interested in getting one, but my situation seems kinda crappy for it. For one, my truck has the two antennae on the back, which I heard is a really bad position and I'm always running dryvan. Two, I'm operating out of a new location for my company and we don't have a shop of any kind, so it'd be hard to get any kind of help with making my setup better.

My plan is basically to buy a cheap CB, throw it in and be done with it with stock antennae and stuff. Would this be so useless that it'd be a waste of money? I don't really care about getting huge range, but clear audio for people within a mile or so is important. Any thoughts?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Do you have a local CB shop that could help you?

4. tnevin225

tnevin225 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2014
    What kind up mirrors do you have. Not that hard to set up an antenna with a good coaxial if you have the rite bracket for mirrors. There is a forum on here for CBs might post there too.

5. TurtlesLikeI

TurtlesLikeI Light Load Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Nevada
    They’re foldable mirrors and they have a small hole in them near the folding point. Not sure if that helps any, I can take a pic when I’m back in my truck tomorrow if you want.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.