CB Power Amp Punks

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by bbmyls2go, Aug 7, 2007.

1. bbmyls2go

bbmyls2go Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    Ok, I just saw the thread about reefers at truck stops but looking around don't see one about something I think is an even bigger problem!
    No, not the clowns who jake brake around truck stops at 2am (you know who you are).
    The guys who instead of buying a corvette to show their ##### envy, jack up the power of their cb radio.
    No, wait, not ALL of you guys. I understand that those who enjoy the cb want the extra power for extended range for conversations with others they are traveling with as well as to lessen the frustration of the short time-frame we have exchanging words with a truck coming from the opposite direction.

No, I'm talking about the guy who then pulls into the truckstop, rest area, or warehouse staging lot, and KEEPS it cranked up. To the point that I am unable to watch television without the signal going static, or the audio cutting out, or worse, the audio being over-ridden by the clown bragging about "my little radio". Even WORSE, that with my tv off and me trying to catch some sleep, my freaking FM radio suffers bleedover from this fool who thinks he need his radio turned up to 11 just to talk to another loser who has HIS turned up to 11 but is sitting 4 space away.

I swear to God if I could identify these trucks (who of course either ignore requests to lower their power and volume, or can't HEAR you make the request because they won't SHUT THE HELL UP, or they then start personal attacks), I'd be out there with my bolt cutters taking down their over-priced antenneas, shutting off their fuel valves, and disconnecting their airlines.

But that's just me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kd5drx

kd5drx <strong>Master of Electronic Communications</stron

Nov 28, 2006
    Some where USA
    There is a thing called a field strength meter it is a little hand held device that is used by those of in the Ham radio world to test radiation patterns since it is very sensitive to RF and it works great for just that purpose you go out and walk around with it till you get that real strong signal then you take a straight pen like mom used to pin your pants up with and push it threw the coax and stand back and wait for the smoke to escape.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. PappyGT13

PappyGT13 Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Port Aransas,Texas
    Had a neighbor with a 1500 watt linear (so he claimed) when I was a kid. Bled all over the tv, radio, & phone. Friend of mine did exactly what you described only he cut it off short & pushed it in with pliers so only a tiny hole was left. I don't think the guy ever figured out what happened but it shut him up for a while anyway.

5. Chillwag

Chillwag Light Load Member

Nov 9, 2006
    Vancouver, Wa
    The conversation that is usualy heard bleeding over the TV typicly is like...
    "Audio, aaaudio... hows this radio sound?"
    "10-4 ya got some squeel thar"
    10% more power than befor "Aaaaudiooooo, Audiooo any better?"
    "Nope"
    Now with the echo on "AaaaudiAaaiodio TeTeststiningng 1 1 2 2 3 3 CaCann I gIetAeratArdaiocaioheck plpleasease?"
    "Yep but it 'll bounce"
    ect...

The only way to truly get away from these geeks is to turn off all of your radio equiptment (TV, CB, AM/FM ect..). Sometimes it is not the amount of power but the distance, many times I have gotten the RF interference and poked my head out of the sleaper only to find the driver in the truck next to me chatting away on his CB. If this is the case signaling the guy to roll down his window and letting him know you have been disturbed by his activity and politly ask him to stop usualy works. there are a few Hard cases out there who will take the polite over the radio request as a challenge so you should never ask over the radio.

6. red dog

red dog Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2007
    tucson az
    sounds as if you woke up,in bad moud.think ear plugs.

7. driver4015

driver4015 Medium Load Member

Jan 28, 2008
    Bend ,Oregon
    you have to give these morons a break,if they leave their raido stock the wattage will be equal to their I.Q.. This is the only way they can get anyone to say anything to them on the radio. Its awonder they find the proper side of the truck to get in!!!!!:biggrin_25513:

8. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Or, just take a pair of dykes and cut it. Less work that way, and it allows for a quick escape.

9. lowbudget

lowbudget Medium Load Member

Apr 12, 2008
    Bismarck, ND
    it may be quicker, but I kinda like the idea of making those jokers smoke thier own stuff

10. jash369

jash369 Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2007
    roslyn,pa
    These guys are funny and sad............................:biggrin_25513:

They did not get enough attention as children. :biggrin_2558:

11. Kaonix

Kaonix Light Load Member

Jul 23, 2008
    In my, Truck
    the point we're missing here is freedom. I have the freedom to talk on my cb. and fyi, a STOCK cobra 29 will interfere with your TV next door. Ever think about just moving? He has the freedom to talk on his radio, you have the freedom to find another parking spot....america IS great.

SheepDog Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.