CB Radio Recommendations for Company Driver

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by ArcticWolves, Jul 2, 2020.

1. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    The radio is isolated from that heat as its sitting in a cradle.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    So it encapsulated?? Have you ever considered heat soak..
    All the heat radio makes will just sit in that cubby hole and all the from behind the dash still will warm the plastic the radio sits in...

When you get in a cold or hot truck your isolated from the outside are you not?
    So why does it still get hot or cold after you add heat or ac and then shut it off when your comfortable...

4. drivingmissdaisy

Jun 10, 2019
    I don't know what the hell you're talking about. The radio is isolated from the heat of the dash. The radio was exposed to the cool air of the cab.

5. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    How..I asked was it incapsulated(in a box)Then i went on to discuss heat soak..

HOW IS YOUR RADIO GETTING COOL AIR WHEN ITS IN A PLASTIC BOX WHICH IS HEAT SOAKED FROM THE HEAT BEHIND THE DASH...
    Thats wtf im talkin about..

6. drivingmissdaisy

Jun 10, 2019
    From the front. The seal is not air tight. And the radio is designed to work in a hot truck without an AC. It doesn't get that hot behind that dash even if it was exposed to hot air.

7. HD_Renegade

HD_Renegade Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    I do understand what you are saying and implying, but mine is very good and tuned correctly. It has been checked an analyzer. My CB is a tool that I depend on and do what i can to make sure it does what it is supposed to.

Respect

Timin770 Thanks this.
  8. Meteorgray

Meteorgray Heavy Load Member

Jan 1, 2016
    It's true that achieving a good SWR reading does not guarantee perfect resonance, but it gets you close enough for any practical purpose, including radio protection and performance.

That's why most radio manufacturers tell you to adjust the antenna for best SWR and leave it at that. Any further gains achievable with a $200 antenna analyzer is only noticed by owners of the analyzer. :)

Timin770 and HD_Renegade Thank this.
  9. MeganAlsopTXO

MeganAlsopTXO Bobtail Member

Jul 29, 2020
    Personally, like my father, I still use Citizen Band Radio, so you can communicate through it and receive emergency messages. Usually station 19 has all the drivers and station 9 is an emergency station. I use a Cobra 29LTDCHR, but my dad uses a Midland 75-882, I think both models are very good and both do their job well enough. I think before using CB Radio you need to read what CB Radio is and what it can do. I can recommend this source of information Citizen Band (CB) Radio - No Wires Radio where you will find all the information you need about CB Radio.

10. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Thats like buying an expensive high performance car but only getting 80% of it power..

11. drivingmissdaisy

Jun 10, 2019
    And just like with a high performance car, you'll barely notice, if notice at all, any difference between the full power version of a car and the car with 80% of the power. Very few people, if any, would notice any benefit to an antenna analyzer if they have very low SWR readings already.

Timin770 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.