CB Radio Recommendations for Company Driver

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by ArcticWolves, Jul 2, 2020.

1. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    After i tuned my bikes ecu...I NOTICED..Noticed when i had my ram tuned to...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. '88K100

'88K100 Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2020
    this is critical. my radio in and out each night. SWR meter on my 10 year old Galaxy 919 lets me know if antennae working or not. All the radio pimping in the world no help if poor connection/ground.

4. jdchet

jdchet Medium Load Member

Sep 3, 2012
    NE Ohio
    Craig, what's the difference between the AA-55 and the AA-35?
    Been thinking about pulling the trigger getting an analyzer. DX Engineering has the AA-35 on sale for $219 and they are right down the Interstate from me.

BTW in every Cascadia I have driven that cubby hole would cook anything I put in it!

JD

Wasted Thyme Thanks this.
  5. Night Stalker10

Night Stalker10 Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2017
    It's just the difference in frequency coverage mainly. The AA-35 is perfectly fine for CB radio. I bought the AA-55 because it covered the 6 meter band, which is in the 50mhz region. Plus it does have some other features like the Smith chart feature, that I don't think the AA-35 has. Very nice analyzer. It replaced my old mfj-259 analyzer. I saved $64 by buying it in July.

jdchet Thanks this.
  6. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Exactly as nightstalker said....I would consider buying direct from rig expert..If you have issues there is a # to call for help with your set up or analyzer,yes they actually help you over the phone with ant set up and walk you through some steps..

RigExpert AA-35 ZOOM

AA-55 ZOOM

jdchet Thanks this.
  7. zeldaella

zeldaella Bobtail Member

May 4, 2020
    My friend chooses Uniden PRO520XL. He is a driver. It seems to be that he is enjoy it. I use to try using it. It doesn't have a few features like beep or Noise Blanker or built-in SWR meter but it has ANL that seems to work great. I thought I would get a noise-canceling mic but the small mic that comes with it is actually a great mic as I get a lot of "loud and clear" noises when talking to others.

Meteorgray Thanks this.
  8. Meteorgray

Meteorgray Heavy Load Member

Jan 1, 2016
    No question that the little Uniden520 punches well above its weight. It's simple, cheap, effective, reliable and not much larger than a sandwich. Delicious.

9. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Stick a lil thermometer down along the sides and let it sit there...Chk it later in the day and see what temp is then chk the air in the cab temp..Let us all know that the radjo gets lots of circulated air....
    Same principle as you wrappin yerself up in a blanket..Your isolated from the outside air temp which is cooler vs you under the blanket(enclosed)your gonna be warmer....
    Heres another comparision..Your homes inside average temp vs what the inside of a oven when turned on..Same ting mang same same same ting..

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.