CDL-A 4 mos experience looking for well paying TEAM OTR gig

Discussion in 'Drivers Looking for a Team Driver' started by istrum, Apr 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. istrum

istrum Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2018

CDL-A 4 months experience OTR looking for a well paying Team OTR gig and team mate.

I am seeking employment within the trucking community as a Tractor Trailer Driver. I hold a Commercial Driver License (Class A) from the state of New Jersey since late November 2017. I carry endorsements for HazMat, Doubles/Triples, and Tanker. I worked with Werner Enterprises from December 6th, 2017 through April 5th of this year as both a Solo TCU/Reefer OTR and a member of a Team TCU/Reefer OTR.

I have trained with a million-mile, accident free, trainer “Over the Road” from December through the end of January 2018 while on a dedicated route that brought us from Elizabeth, NJ to Franklin Park, IL (near Chicago O’Hara Airport) and back again multiple times per week through Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania and New Jersey (800 miles each way). I gained valuable experience driving through a variety of weather conditions including more than a few snowstorms this winter. The training was invaluable, and I benefited from the experience of learning to perfect my docking skills in an older, very tightly spaced distribution center.

I began my truck driving career as a solo driver on a TCU team which serviced the lower 48 states. I made many pick-ups and deliveries across many different territories and businesses. I hauled chocolate from Hershey, Pork from Tyson’s, and various types of fresh produce from Mexico. I am proficient at utilizing a Temperature Controlled Van and how to set temperatures according to bill of lading stated guidelines at shipper and consignee requests.

After a month’s time working solo OTR, I was offered the opportunity to gain more experience and earn more money as a team driver within the WERNER TCU division. The earnings rate was higher, and I was ensured more overall miles and longer individual trips. My team mate was found through Werner’s internal database and had a month’s less experience than I – It was his first time OTR after completing his training and also first TCU experience.

After 4 months, the time has come to look forward to increased earnings and higher pay rates for my time spent on-the-road and away from my young family. I'd like to be a daily driver or be home every other day, but will also accept the sacrifices that come with a higher paycheck. Regional is also preferred to make it home every weekend, but again I can make a sacrifice in order to put away savings for my family's future. I'd like to get back every other weekend (ie. 2 weeks out - 1 weekend off), but if it means a better paycheck, I will go as much as 4 weeks OTR before returning home.

I'm Male, in my late 40's, have a wife and infant son at home.
    I'm of average weight for my height (6'2").
    I don't snore when sleeping ( "That must have been a distant jake-brake you heard, not me." )
    I don't drink.
    I don't smoke (including wacky to-baccy or other).
    I don't pop pills.
    I drink coffee.
    I am a music enthusiast of many genres.
    I play acoustic guitar and sing (tho some may not call it that).
    I enjoy cultured discussions on a variety of different topics, though I try to stay away from politics and religion.
    I am well educated and well mannered.

I currently live in the Cherry Hill, New Jersey area (Merchantville, NJ 08109) just 5 minutes across the bridge from Philadelphia, PA. I am rather close to highways Interstate 95, Interstate 295, State Route 130, and State Route 38. My family is considering a move within the next year to "greener pastures".

Please reply to this post or get in touch with me back channel if you are .....

Looking to be part of a Team Driving situation.
    Looking to hire on a driver for your own company and or truck.
    Looking to recruit for a company that offers a competitive pay scale for Team driving.

Sincerely,
    ira dot strum at gee mail dot com
    ..... We got a long way to go, and a short time to get there.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    How about running solo with Trimac Transportation.
    Toms River, NJ - $78,000 a year
    We offer the best paid training in the industry! Whether you’re a recent CDL school graduate, a former military service member or an experienced driver, Trimac Transportation has the perfect career opportunity for you!
    [​IMG]

Walk- ins Welcome and encouraged:
    Apply in person Monday - Friday 8am to 4pm or call to schedule an appointment.
    The branch can be located at: 3500 New Falls Road Bristol, PA 19007
    Company Tank Truck Drivers can earn up to 78k per year
    52 cpm loaded and 48 cpm empty plus assessorial pays
    Haul Chemicals out of Philadelphia and New Jersey
    Many freight lanes east of the Mississippi
    Average Time Out 7 - 10 days
    Flexible time at home (Average of 2-3 days based upon length of time out)

istrum and Njhandofdoom Thank this.
  4. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Trimac also has coast to coast teams.

istrum Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    istrum Thanks this.
  6. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Best team pay with home time is LTL. Old Dominion, Estes, Saia, R&L carriers, and YRC. If you don’t mind physical work McLane grocery team. These companies pay very well and are generally off on weekends.

istrum Thanks this.
  7. istrum

istrum Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2018
    THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP AND DIRECTION !!
    KEEP THOSE SUGGESTIONS COMING !!

8. Switch Back

Switch Back Bobtail Member

May 8, 2018
    Atlanta, GA
    Theres another guy based in Georgia a few threads from this also looking for a teammate.

That company does only coast to coast hauls. Salary at that. $950/wk after deductions. After milage bonuses that can be 1200 wk. Paid home time.

I lived far away from both my codrivers but the pay was good enough to I just left truck on yard or at codrivers house, then rented a car home.

9. Switch Back

Switch Back Bobtail Member

May 8, 2018
    Atlanta, GA
    Also what the other guy said there are lots to be gained in LTL. I'd use YRC as a stepping stone to get experience to catapult you into a higher paying job like R&L / Old Dominion tho.

10. istrum

istrum Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2018
    Thanks !!! I'll look em up !!

11. southbaydude

southbaydude Bobtail Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Ephrata,Pa.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.