CDL A class. The Instructor quit the job a week before my roadtest.

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by srekcurt9291, Dec 11, 2018.

1. srekcurt9291

srekcurt9291 Bobtail Member

May 17, 2018
    i have a cdl b with restriction J, cant drive manual trucks.
    i left my driving job to take this class to take out restriction and to be able to drive tractor trailers but this situation happened. The Instructor quit the job a week before my roadtest.

Cost:3000$
    Duration: 6 weeks(august to september)
    <40 hours- pretrip
    <20 hours- simulator /basic operation- ( 3 students: 1.33 hours/day for 5 days, the rest of the time watching other students ) *Total hands on time= 6.5 hours
    <20 hours- parking skills- ( 3 students: 1.33 hours/day for 5 days, the rest of the time watching other students ) *Total hands on time= 6.5 hours
    <40 hours- roadskill - (4 students: less than 1 hour/day for 10 days, rest of the time riding with the other students) *total hands on driving time = less than 10 hours ) instructor takes a long smokebreaks. haha

CDL Road test wait = 3 Months (Last week of november)

A week before scheduled road test the Instructor quit the job.No instructor, No road test.

2nd week of December . i got an email from them, they gave me 3 option.

1. Wait for our CDL Program to resume training
    - no estimated time frame(The proccess might take about 6 months)
    2. Referral to a Company .
    They may be able to assist with employment, if qualified, as well as testing.
    3. A refund for the CDL Road Skills - Testing in the amount of $565 plus $50 for the cancelled CDL test for a total of $615.

I am unemployed since i took the class. what do you guys think?

option 1- by the time they have a new instructor. i'll forget how to drive and the feel to drive the tractor trailer.
    option 2- the company referal, That company they were telling me to go will have 10% driving and the rest labor.
    option 3- going to spend 3,000$ again to another training program?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Personally I would push for both number two and three of what they are offering.
    Take number two and get some money coming in. A bonus is you are now working for a company that may help out getting a full Class A. Then if they won't refund the money sue them for breach of contract.

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    How about attending a trucking company cdl school?
    There's some good ones that have excellent training and good paychecks for a hard worker.
    Prime Inc. in Salt Lake City, Utah
    Jim Palmer Trucking in Missoula, Montana
    Wilson Logistics in Missoula, Montana
    CFI - www.cfidrive.com in Joplin, Missouri
    All these provide transportation to get to the school plus meals and lodging. The school is free if you agree to work there for 12 months.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.