CDL endorsements

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Chadf652, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Chadf652

Chadf652 Bobtail Member

May 2, 2018
    I currently have my CDL-B with air brakes. I’m about to start studying for my tanker and hazmat endorsements. My question is when I’m ready to take my knowledge tests for those two endorsements and if I happen to only pass one of the two endorsements tests, will the bmv keep a record of me passing the tanker knowledge test until I pass my knowledge test for the hazmat so I don’t have to pay twice update my license endorsements?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jacoooooooo

Jacoooooooo Heavy Load Member

Oct 20, 2013
    It may be state specific, but let me tell you how it works in NY. Once you pass the test you get the endorsement, its in the system and added to your license. What you can do, is opt not to order a new documment though, and just get it when you pass your second test, or whatever you need.
    So once you pass it it’s yours, no need to pass ever again (except the hazmat which expires every 5 years).

4. Random user

Random user Light Load Member

May 13, 2018
    That is what I did.

Passed all of my endorsement but just so i could go ahead, make it official & start applying for jobs, i ordered my license without the hazmat because that alone could take 2-4 weeks & i needed to get a head start on applying.

Wood also add, KEEP COPIES of the print outs showing your test scores. Slim chance they'll disappear in the system but keep you a folder, digital or otherwise, with everything, all papers, medical forms, & documents you ever get.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.