cdl jobs in indiana for 18 yr old

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by bluegrassbandmom, Dec 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluegrassbandmom

bluegrassbandmom Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2006
    plainfield, indiana
    I know this is a hard one but.. My 18 yr old just got his cdl (a high school program) he went through vincennes university passed, and will be out of high school in 4 days. He is going to Indiana State for Aviation Management next yr but would like to utilize his cdl until then. so, does anyone know of a local company who would hire an 18 yr old in the Indianapolis area? His driving record is completely clean, never been in trouble, has only held one job in his young life (file clerk at a hospital) he has been there 2 yrs, and he plays mandolin in a bluegrass band The New Old Timers ( sorry had to brag).
    I know there are companies out there that would hire him but they are few and far between please help us if u can:biggrin_2552:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. walleye

walleye Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Land of Cheese
    I don't know how things work in Indy,...But up here a 18 y/o with a cdl could probably get hired on at a soda or beer distributor as a drivers helper,....having the cdl they might let him fill in for the regular driver when he is sick or on vacation,.....it's a start.......

4. Waterloo

Waterloo Medium Load Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Grass Lake, MI
    Maybe a part time yard jockey moving trailers?

5. sstrans

sstrans Bobtail Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Agreed thats how I started. Here in San Antonio, TX. I earned my CDL while I was working for coke. I started out as a helper at age 17 by the time I turned 18 I already had my learners permit, the rest is history.:biggrin_25519:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.