CDL Permit and Hazmat

Discussion in 'Hazmat Trucking Forum' started by Gabbadj, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Gabbadj

Gabbadj Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2023
    Been getting two stories on my Hazmat. I passed the endorsement test when getting my CDL Permit and got fingerprinted same day. DMV told me that once my background check comes back they will send me an updated card. I have been reading that I won't get the hazmat endorsement on my card till I pass the drive test. So which one is it?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CAXPT

CAXPT Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Michigan
    Your Hazmat endorsement is useless unless you pass the driving test, so they are correct. They can't issue card with the endorsement if you haven't met the requirements, in this case, the driving part.

4. PATruckie

PATruckie Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2016
    Pennsylvania
    Hazmat is an endorsement on a driver's license. You do not have your license yet, therefore nothing to attach the endorsement to. Should be on your CDL once you pass the road tests.

5. Gabbadj

Gabbadj Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2023
    Well at least I've got it over with and I seriously need to study. I used Driving-Tests.org and while its an excellent tool to pass your endorsement tests, it basically just asks you a few hundred questions that are almost exactly what they ask at the DMV. I just memorized the answers and scored a combined 99% on combined tests and aced the Hazmat, Tanker and Passenger. I'm reading the Wisconsin CDL drivers manual for the next few weeks to get a real idea of what the right answers are. Driving school starts in two weeks!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.