CDL study....Own state or School state?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Emclem1307, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Emclem1307

Emclem1307 Bobtail Member

Sep 22, 2018
    Hi all, I am considering going to Prime trucking schoiol. I'd like to get a head start in studying for my CDL permit prior to applying, while I am gathering all my stuff. Are all CDL manuals the same? As I currently live in Louisiana but plan to take the training school in Missouri. So question is, should I study the one for Missouri or Louisiana? or does it even matter? Thank you in advance!

Emily

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Good question. They should be about the same but you will be taking the test in MO so that would be the manual to study, just to be on the safe side. You won't need to do any tests in LA when you transfer your license back from MO.

You will be a temporary resident of MO and get a MO CDL license then you will go back home and transfer it back to a LA license at a later time.

Emclem1307 Thanks this.
  4. Emclem1307

Emclem1307 Bobtail Member

Sep 22, 2018
  5. Pumpkin Oval Head

Pumpkin Oval Head Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Scranton PA
    All states have to meet federal guidelines, and use the federally approved version. I have tested in IA, and PA and they were the same. Good luck.

Emclem1307 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.