CDL Testing

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Bozwik, May 12, 2022.

1. Bozwik

Bozwik Light Load Member

Mar 28, 2022
    Mars, USA
    So I went through a CDL school in Wisconsin. The examiner tells me that he puts the paperwork in the system and then I need to go to my home state to get a hard copy of my CDL.

I am in Florida, and I went down to the DMV after 3 days of getting tested out and the DMV says they don't have any info on my license. The guy at the DMV asks me if I took the test on a manual or automatic. Doesn't the paperwork state which I took the test on, manual of automatic? Would like to say, "manual", even though I didn't.

And yes, I have driven a manual for years but let my license expire.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  4. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Definitely tell them "manual".

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. Bozwik

Bozwik Light Load Member

Mar 28, 2022
    Mars, USA
    thumbs up.

6. Knightcrawler

Knightcrawler Heavy Load Member

Apr 10, 2017
    Mpls, Mn
    One thing to note here is that driving a synchronized transmission (like in your car) isnt the same as driving an un-synchronized transmission (like in a big truck)... When I was a CDL instructor, I found it was easier to teach people that DIDNT know how to drive a stick than those that "knew" how...

FozzyNOK and firemedic2816 Thank this.
  7. Bozwik

Bozwik Light Load Member

Mar 28, 2022
    Mars, USA
    Ummm, already stated that I know how to drive a manual (5 plus years), so don't know why you felt the need to add this.

8. Knightcrawler

Knightcrawler Heavy Load Member

Apr 10, 2017
    Mpls, Mn
    Because as I said, a "manual" in a car isnt the same as a "manual" in a truck. You said in your post that you got your license in an automatic. You never clearly said that you have ever driven a manual in a truck, and that would be the reason I added it :p

firemedic2816 and Chinatown Thank this.
  9. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    Exactly.. they were usually freaked out.. where the people who could drive a stick seemed to think it was going to be easy.. Its easier to train someone, than have to break bad habits and retrain someone.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.