CDL Training through Roehl? Are they a good starter company?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by CountryBoy101, Jan 21, 2019.

1. CountryBoy101

CountryBoy101 Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2019
    hello all.. new to the trucking world and wondering if i could get some experienced drivers opinions. Roehl has offered me cdl training and job offer doing national runs with refrigerated trailers.
    I'm very new to the industry and just looking for advice weather i should take the offer or not or if Roehl is a decent company to start out with. Been looking to get my CDLs for awhile and think this might be a good opportunity. Any input or suggestions would be very appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Go for it; overall Roehl has a decent reputation and you're on the payroll from day one of cdl school.

Puppage Thanks this.
  4. CountryBoy101

Jan 21, 2019
    thanks for your input China.. yeah supposed to be 500 a week for 4 weeks while training then 90 a day for 25 days while riding with a trainer. just curious about Roehls reputation in the trucking world.. and i figured experienced truckers would be the place to find the real truth. any other input would be appreciated.. thanks all

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Stick with Roehl refrigerated until your contract is fulfilled. Learn as much as you can about that type trucking while with Roehl.
    Refrigerated freight never slows, even during recessions, so your paychecks will be pretty consistent year round. During holiday seasons such as Christmas, New Years, Thanksgiving, etc. most freight will slow, but refrigerated freight actually picks up because people are buying more food for the holidays.
    Best wishes with this new career!

austinmike Thanks this.
  6. Omega1

Omega1 Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Oregon
    You certainly could do worse than Roehl. I agree with Chinatown, not a bad start. Good Luck.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. CountryBoy101

Jan 21, 2019
    thanks guys.. appreciate the advice

Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. BlueThunderr

BlueThunderr Medium Load Member

Sep 11, 2012
    I've done a lot of research...It has led me to Roehl...I start next Monday with their CDL training program

Omega1 and Chinatown Thank this.
  9. CountryBoy101

Jan 21, 2019
    nice Blue.. yeah i told the recruiter i needed a couple days to think about it before i signed the papers but really thinking i should go ahead and do it. Should be heading to Wisconsin within the next couple weeks for the training.
    thanks for the input

BlueThunderr Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.